Thinking about Ex FB

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Eddie Brock, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock New Member

For some reason or another I've had so much time to think about my past relationships. I start from my first and work my way to my most recent FB. It's weird, she wasnt really as attractive as most of my ex's (im shallow, i know) and I know it wouldnt work out in the long run since she was a bit on the needy side and a bit older than me, but I cant stop thinking about what we did together... sex, new experiences we had together, the way she made me laugh, the way she made me feel like she truly cared about me. I knew it wasnt really going to work from the beginning, but for some reason i thought... "Even though shes not what youre ultimately looking for...shes fun, it'll be an experience...maybe youll pass the looks and look deeper" Now I keep thinking I shouldve cut it off earlier this way I wouldnt have fucked up her head or mine for that matter. :o I know its not really healthy since I'm currently in a relationship... I know some of you might say that I prob needed some time alone before I jumped into another relationship, but at the time I was completely over her... but for some odd reason I find myself thinking about her on a daily basis... Anyone ever been through something like this?

2. MCohen

MCohen #NotMyPresident #AmericaIsAlreadyGreat #GoSolar OT Supporter

I'm go through something sort of the same, I'm falling in love with my current FB. She's pretty attractive though, and just as attractive as my current gf, and comparable to all my exes.

I've realized she is an FB for a reason though, and that our relationship works because we don't have all the issues that come with a bf/gf relationship.

3. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Yeah. There are times I can't get my ex out of my head for weeks. I mean not that I obsess about her for weeks, but that I think about her at some point every day for many days. It's strange because I have a gf, I broke it off with my ex, and I don't even talk to my ex anymore. My instincts tell me it's a sign that my current SO isn't meeting all of my needs.

4. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock New Member

Yeah, thats what i keep thinking... thats why I think it might be detrimental to the relationship. I also find myself comparing what my FB wouldve said or done differently to a particular situation, but I eventually tell myself shes no longer in my life for a reason... and i should concentrate what I have at hand... and not what I had in the past.

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

That's pretty much what I tell myself. Although something my ex said to me once has stayed with me... it was after we broke up and she started dating her new guy. She said when you find the right person, you won't think about exs the same anymore. Now I don't necessarily think her current bf is the right person for her, but her statement still seems to carry some weight. If my current gf was the right woman for me, wouldn't she be everything my ex was and more? Then again, it's easy to fall into the euphoric recall trap- a.k.a. remembering the good stuff, but glossing over the bad. So in that respect, you're basically just falling into the 'grass is always greener' issue. Ideally, yes, you need to let go of your thoughts of your fb, but if you can't then I would argue there is a bigger issue at play here that needs to be addressed.

6. Eddie Brock

Eddie Brock New Member

:bowdown:

7. Vysion

Vysion New Member

This ^

:werd:

8. MCohen

MCohen #NotMyPresident #AmericaIsAlreadyGreat #GoSolar OT Supporter

You are agreeing with me? Whoa :mamoru:

9. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Yeah, because you told a very true statement. I think about the great times I've had with old FB's and I always knew it was because we didn't have to see each other all the time like bf's & gf's do. That's the wonderful thing about no-strings attached sex. All of my old FB's had great personalities which is why we got along so well and had great chemistry together.