MIL Thinking about enlisting in the USMC

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by L Jay, Sep 13, 2007.

1. L Jay

L Jay OT Supporter

I'm seriously debating military service. I'm going to talk to a recruitment officer tomorrow. I feel the military will be a good place for me seeing as I have nothing going for me here. :hsd:

Or am I fucking stupid?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  2. Woodmaster

Woodmaster New Member

[​IMG]

Do you really trust this douche canoe?

3. L Jay

L Jay OT Supporter

My uncle was a Marine in Vietnam he said it was the best worst thing hes ever done. And Bush well lets not go there.

4. Woodmaster

Woodmaster New Member

:hsugh: can I get a reality check stat?

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

I will entertain your trolling for a minute. Please tell me how Bush did anything different than Clinton did? Before you show your ignorace let me post this little reminder. Don't forget to discuss Somalia, Bosnia, and the attrocities in Africa that Clinton overlooked.

Transcript: President Clinton explains Iraq strike
    CLINTON: Good evening.

Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/16/transcripts/clinton.html

6. Accord

Accord New Member

I'm proud to be a Marine, but in all honesty the day-to-day bullshit that is fleet life in the Corps just isn't worth it. It sucks 99.9999% of the time and the 0.00001% of the time that it is infact cool, the Corps will find a way to shit all over it and make it not cool/fun.

I now get medium regs every week and wear flip flops on libbo and don't tuck my shirt in. I'll be proud of my service 30 years from now when i'm telling sea stories to my kids, but right now I am absolutely hating life.

The "real" Marine Corps is nothing like the TV commercials or the movies. Know what you're getting into before you step on those yelling foot prints.

If I could go back do it over again, i'd do it in a heart beat.

7. fooj

fooj OT Supporter

I wouldn't if I were you.

8. brackac

It's amazing how quickly you turned into the typical shitbag.

9. Accord

Accord New Member

Training > garrison bullshit.

10. EYOB

EYOB Guest

First off, I would like to say, congratulations on feeding the troll. :slap:

Second, I don't recall an attack being made on Clinton's watch. Cliffs on when and why it didn't proceed ?? More so, why this information hasn't surfaced into political debates involving Bush's decisions to request that congress approve a declaration of war against Iraq ??

I'm not debating anything or on either side of this small skirmish. I simply want some additional info on the subject. And fuck reading ALL THAT SHIT posted in that link.

11. EYOB

EYOB Guest

So far, from the discussions involved on this forum, it's probably a bad idea to enlist in the Marine Corps. It seems the only reason one should enlist in the Corps is if you care about one thing and one thing only, pride/honor.

If you care about conditions of living and benefits, try another service, because the Marine Corps is the bottom of the barrel. Actually, it's more like the underside of the barrel. And the barrel is sitting in a pile of shit.

:hsugh:

12. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

Don't be lazy just read it if you want to learn

13. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

do reserve. halfass your way through and you'll be fine.

14. dontfrostthepie

dontfrostthepie New Member

are you kidding? :ugh:

15. dontfrostthepie

the speech he posted was about operation desert fox. it was 100% aerial bombing runs in response to iraq not complying with UN resolutions re WMDs and the like.

i can think of 3776 reasons why operation desert fox has been rendered irrelevant. what clinton did wasn't an invasion, occupation, and attempt at nation-building; it was a four day aerial bombing compaign. comparing ODF and OIF is idiotic.

and fwiw, bush never asked for a declaration of war, and congress never gave it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  16. Kazzander

Kazzander I only got this for the search.

I'm getting tired of seeing shit like this from people who either never served, or served in a different branch and don't know what they're talking about.

The conditions of living and benefits (albeit one, discussed below) are all government funded programs and are ALL THE SAME. Marine Corps bases have new, contemporary barracks and base housing just like everyone else. Does the Marine Corps still have some old, busted barracks and housing? Yes, but SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE. I've been aboard Offutt AFB, Pope AFB, Fort Gordon, Fort Leonard Wood, and Naval Station San Diego, and they all have some old, busted housing and barracks. All four branches of service have the same medical and dental benefits that cover you and your immediate family, the same life insurance, and the MGI Bill benefits are all exactly the same. The only difference in available benefits exists in the Army. All four branches have a College Fund supplement to the MGI Bill; the Army's is currently the largest amount offered.

If you want to dissuade someone from the Marine Corps, tell them that Marine Corps boot camp is the longest, or that Marines must qualify on the rifle range at a farther distance than anyone else -- but don't blow this bullshit smoke about crappy housing and benefits.

17. dontfrostthepie

he's a Marine :hsugh:

18. Fearan

Fearan Guest

:mamoru:

19. NPH

NPH Guest

If you do.. let me know so I can give you info on how to give me recruiting bonus points. :x:

20. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

if you join, do a 'national call to service' contract which is 2 years. You'll probably be training for a year then just do one year in the fleet. You will be out before you know it and everyone will be jealous of you.

21. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

they only have like a minute minute amount of slots for that but the corp ehh is alright im still in student status it also depends on what you get qualified for by the score of your asvab but so far ive gotten just about everything ive signed up for be sure you want to do it cuz when you get to bootcamp they are going to do whatever they can to make sure you dont make but its how you make it so be sure to "forget" to tell them certain things ie. ADHD etc etc cuz they dont allow you in

22. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You are a fucking moron. Marines do have it worst out of all the branches. I've been to many bases and Marines always have the least comforts.

I'm guessing you are not a Marine ... :hsugh:

23. J

J Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

24. L Jay

L Jay OT Supporter

:ugh:

25. brackac

[​IMG]