GUN Thinking about buying this....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paintballer, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Paintballer

Paintballer Choo Choooo....

Walther G22, i went to the shop and was playing around with it, didn't get to shoot it though. so far impressed with the weight and fit (i'm 6'4'' and have long arms.) read some articles on it also. all i read is about target, i would like it for target but would also like it for squirrell hunting also though.

2. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Actually I believe he's referring to the G22 :hsugh:

The G22 is a decent little .22 rifle, I like the design of the gun, and I'm sure over time it'll be better equipped to compete with the 10/22 out there. I was thinking about picking one up for $300, but then getting it threaded was gonna be another $50 so I'm putting that money into a 10/22 for now.
    Its a fun plinker though, but it doesn't have the support to make it as accurate as a similarly priced 10/22.

3. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

Oh just a little history about the P22 and G22, they are very very cheap mass produced units of Walther's GSP Competition pistol and the GSP rifle conversion kit. The GSP is the only reason P22 and the G22 have any holding in the Target category.
    The GSP is an amazing gun, I had an opportunity to shoot one at Ft. Benning years ago, and THAT was a target gun. I honestly had no idea what it was, except that it was a very special gun (it was funny cause I was impressed that I did a 2 inch grouping at 7 yards :mamoru: ) That gun was capable of putting down MOA easily, I wouldn't find it hard to believe it could do that with cheap ammo and while shooting double taps :bowdown:

Anyways sorry this wasn't intended to hijack your thread, anyone else have any experience with the G22?

4. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

I have no experience with it but I've heard some bad stories :( Might try searching falfiles, ak-47.net, etc. for G22 info as there were some first-hand accounts and discussions posted there.