GUN Thinking about buying a USP45 next...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Whalephat, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Whalephat

Whalephat Conservative Bastard

Any current USP45 (full size) owners here? What do you like / dislike about the weapon?

I had a USP40 a few years ago but foolishly sold it to buy a Sig 229. While I liked the Sig, I missed the USP after a while.

2. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

I sold my USP45 SS about a year ago, and I honestly don't regret it. Only because I ended buying a USP Tactical in 45. I actually sold all my other USPs because of the USPT and the Glock 23 (I owned a USP45SS, USPc40SS, USPc45, USPc9, USP40). If you'd rather not spend the extra money and get the Tactical, you'll be more than happy with the USP45. I'd highly suggest looking into a match trigger for it though. I like everything about the gun except for the fact its a polymer gun, which isn't a bad thing at all. The gun is extremely easy to maintain, and it does some decent groups (its no 1911 in terms of groupings), I just hope you aren't planning on carrying it because it is a rather large gun.

3. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I just bought a H&K full size today, an H&K 91!

I now need to get a full size USP to go along with it. I sort of want the 9mm, now that they are making real magazines again.

4. Whalephat

No, no plans to carry the USP. I tried that with my USP40 and could only pull it off during the winter with a shoulder rig. :big grin:

I am going to look at some more guns this week and try to make up my mind on what's next. I really do miss my USP40 but not from a practicality standpoint.

5. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

If you're not stuck on a 45 I would look at an HK P7M8, its a drastically different gun and well worth a try.

6. Whalephat

Have you looked at the new HK P2000 yet? Now that's a fun looking little gun! :big grin:

7. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

They're good guns just overpriced for a polymer gun. For the price of those P2000's I'd rather get a USPc and a few thousand rounds of ammo. They do look nice, but as far as the performance I just couldn't set it too far apart from a USPc. I would like to try out the new P2000SK, perhaps in a 40 or something. Also one thing that got me off on a bad start with the P2000 is that damn LEM trigger (DAO) which was an absolute pain to use. I feel the pain most Cops have to go thru when qualifing with these DAO guns, it does make things a bit more difficult.

8. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

[​IMG]

I heard this one was stored in a safe next to a Glock... :o

9. Whalephat

:werd:

The Glock kicked it's ass, bent it over and broke it. :bigthumb:

10. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

:rofl: :rofl:

11. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

Do a search in here, we've been over this gun a thousand times now.

( And I still love mine)

12. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Me thinks you need to update your location.

13. san408

san408 New Member

Ok, first of all, I'm a noob in here. I've lurked for months but just haven't posted at all. Second of all I've only shot about 500 rds through my usp 45.

If you can get past those two issues then I'll give you my opinion. ;) I sold my glock 20 to buy my HK and don't regret it at all. I also have a sig 220 in 45 and, for me, the hk is a better pistol. Both are nice, but I just like the usp better.

JMO

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  14. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

One of the worst triggers ever. Might as well stick with Glock. Also a shit trigger but at least it's consistant :hs:

15. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

DOH!!

16. Whalephat

Bought a SIG P226 Rail in .40SW / .357SIG today. Ordered the Bar-Sto barrel so that I could shoot the latter if I ever feel froggy.

Still need to add a .45ACP to the collection, but now I'm looking at 1911-style handguns intead of the USP. Maybe a Springfield black stainless. :cool:

17. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

I own several USP's, and I carry a USP .45 full size on duty every day. It goes bang every time, it's comfortable, and it holds 13 rounds of fun. I am an H&K pistol and sub-gun armorer, so I am a bit biased, but I will never carry another gun as a primary duty weapon, and I have carried everything.

I carry a Glock 36 as a backup and an off-duty weapon, for what it's worth, and that happens to be the only other brand of handgun I would recommend.

18. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Active Member

H&K SA = shit trigger?

OK.

And please don't compare a SA trigger it to a glock.