thinking about buying a '00 gsr

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by hott-nix, Nov 21, 2003.

1. hott-nix

hott-nix New Member

but i have a question first.
    why is it that the stock b18c engine can produce 170hp but only 128lb-ft of torque? is there anything availible that can bump up TQ to somewhere closer to the HP figure?

just seems like a mighty big difference (my golf makes like 105hp and 115lb-ft tq)

2. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

I am pretty sure it is how it is tuned....don't flame me because I am not sure, but I think that because Honda motors make thier horsepower by high revving, they lose torque......

3. Dr.EtNiEs

Dr.EtNiEs Guest

its all about high end hp for hondas if u want to get some low end power just do some cams and gears that might help i never do 1/4 mile if someone wants to race ill do it on the high way were top end is going to be better :hs:

4. hott-nix

hott-nix New Member

does it even feel like 170hp with that low of tq?? :dunno:

5. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

They destroke the motors so they can rev higher. This causes a loss in stroke, but they are now able to make use of a high-flow head and better cams to make more HP in the higher-rpm's.

Cams will only hurt your torque, if anything. If you want more torque, buy a mustang ;)
    For torque, you have to increase the stroke. Building a stroker motor for a honda is an expensive venture.....assuming you stay n/a. Nitrous or a charger will net some good torque!

6. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

and no, the car's don't FEEL fast.....

7. RHC2GSR

RHC2GSR Guest

if you want tourque get an LS.

8. Kyoso

Kyoso New Member

They are plenty quick, none the less and under everyday driving, they are plenty snappy without using the VTEC. Remember, the integra is a small car and only weighs around 2500lbs or so compared to the Golf which is probably pushing 2800lbs (I don't know these figures for sure), but there is plenty of power. Like stated above, the only way to gain very much torque is to FI.

9. SilviaDriver

SilviaDriver Guest

whatever model u get, i think i would still win