SRS Thinking about breaking it off with my gf...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BimmerJustin, Aug 28, 2006.

1. BimmerJustin

BimmerJustin Why would you deny yourself something you want?

Been with each other for 4 years. We fight all the time, but when we're not fighting we're fucking or shes trying to talk marriage. I dont understand her. I dont understand how she can talk about marriage when the day before she was screaming she hates me.

On the outside it looks like a great relationship. we keep our problems behind closed doors and everyone says "I cant believe you guys are still together, thats so great" I believe this type of thing fuels her desire to keep it going.

At the same time I believe neither of us has the balls to breakup with each other. We've come so close before, but she ususally wont let it happen. And I never stand firm. I just dont know how to end a relationship like this.

I do still love her, and I believe she still loves me, but I just cannot see a future in this relationship even after all this time.

The toughest part about this situation is the fact that when we are not fighting things are for very normal if not great. We have a great sex life and we get along well. But everytime a conversation goes south and ends up a fight, i cant help but think why i put up with it.

So please, I welcome the comments. I know none of you can truely know what I go through, but if youve been in a similar situation I could use some advice.

2. MR. Marti

MR. Marti New Member

sounds like you guys are just kind of coasting along. life is too short to waste on a relationship you aren't satisfied with. Really, if she is a pain in the ass or you can't get a long most of the time now what makes you think it could possibly change.

My advice would be to get out now and try to make it as civil a split as possible.

My last relationship was like this too. Lasted like 3 years and at one point we both just said that was enough.

3. BimmerJustin

BimmerJustin Why would you deny yourself something you want?

Thats the type of advice I expected, and I thank you for it, but it doesnt help much. I know I have to break up with her, I just cant fathom the idea after 4 years. She is the only serious relationship I have ever been a part of.

Ive done a lot of shit in my life and I consider myself a resourceful and capable person, but I just dont know how to go about this, and it kills me to feel so helpless.

4. MR. Marti

MR. Marti New Member

just flat out do it. sit her down and be as polite and friendly as possible. Either she will agree and things go ok or she flips out. Either way stand your ground and make sure you stick to your guns. fucking her a week later will complicate things. just let it go cold turkey.

5. Los

Los Active Member

My question is are you dissatisfied with the relationship on the basis of fighting? Or is there something else going on?