GUN Thinking About A New Carry Gun. v.Kimber Ultra RCPII

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PUREVIL, Feb 8, 2008.

1. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

I right now carry a Kimber Ultra CDPII, there aren't many benefits to getting this RCP over the CDP but there are a few cool features, but the RCP doesn't have any sights, just a trench. I like how its smoothed and everything is stubby to prevent snagging. Thoughts?

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/customshop/ultrarcp.php

2. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Friend of mine just took a >$200 hit selling his ultra carry that ended up being completely unreliable. Kimber ain't what it used to be. 1911 crew will be here shortly :o

3. Kimber makes nice guns, but I really don't see the point of a $1200 mini 1911 for concealed carry. There are more reliable guns out there that are lighter, much cheaper, and hold more than 7 rounds.

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i've read a bit that micro-1911's in .45 arent as reliable as their full-sized counterpart :dunno:

5. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

I've had great success with my 2 kimbers, fullsize tle and ultra cdpII. My fullsize has 7000 + through it with no problems, dirty or clean. The UCDPII has about 1000 to 1500 and no problems other than its a pain to clean. Im just not sure why I wanna buy another ultra 1911... i guess its more want than need... and that always gets me into trouble :big grin: