Thinking about a dual monitor setup...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by benson304, Mar 28, 2010.

1. benson304

benson304 OT Supporter

Currently have the old 2407WFP. I was thinking about getting a second monitor to complement it, probably something around 20 inches that I'd stack in portrait mode next to it.

However, in some basic google searching it seems like there are varying opinions and options, the 2001fp seems like a good suggestion, but I'd think that the brightness difference between the two would be pretty large. The 2007wfp is basically a smaller version of the 2407, but the pixel density is different. I'd ideally like something that matches the 1200 pixel height and is close to the same physical height.

I've never done dual monitors before, so any insight is great. The card I have has a dvi, vga and hdmi port, so I am not sure I can even run duals without a new video card as well. :hsd:

2. royals74

royals74 Baseball is the only place in life where a sacrifi

I run duel Monitors with one Hdmi and a vga and dvi also and it works fine for me. My second monitor is also a 20 inch and my main is 24inch both are samsung and its pretty nice. I like it alot. I use it for gaming and whatever on the other.

3. gravity

gravity New Member

I've also got a 2407wfp, I bought a s2209w for each side and I could never go back.

4. benson304

benson304 OT Supporter

You put it vertical I assume?

5. dice

dice New Member

I use dual monitors on my primary PC. Both using VGA. I can't remember the exact dimensions of information of them. But one of them is quite older. Im not sure about exact configurations. even Though my monitors are quite different from each other they still manage to impress a few people, and have actually improved my productivity HAHA. I remember when I first plugged my second monitor it wasn't right. I had to play with it for awhile to get the colours and resolutions right but in the end its all good.

6. mondaynightmike

mondaynightmike New Member

I started off with dVI and VGA.

I think I had a 15 on one and 17 on the other.

the moved to 2x17's and got a new gfx card with dual dvi

now currently run 2xDVI 22's with my TV hooked up over HDMI

could never go back to one screen

7. Lightworker

Lightworker New Member

I've been running duals for a few years now. I've found that I do most of my active tasks on one screen and keep other junk like outlook and music on another.

Overtime this leads to burn-in on the lesser-used display. I'd also recommend getting some type of software to automatically rotate your wallpapers every few minutes. I have some permanent IR on the one screen from a certain wallpaper I used for a while :rolleyes:

8. benson304

benson304 OT Supporter

Yeah that was what I was thinking too, but I'd prefer not to ruin a monitor doing it haha.

9. thekraft

thekraft New Member

Does that actually happen with LCD monitors? I thought that was only with CRTs.

10. Lightworker

Lightworker New Member

Yep, I get temporary IR and I have some permanent burning on it as well. Old-school Dell Ultrasharp, circa 2005