SRS Think I've been getting stupider and stupider..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Wizard of Poz, May 11, 2006.

1. Wizard of Poz

Wizard of Poz New Member

I've been getting lazier and lazier throughout my college years and I feel like I'm at a point in my life that I'm pretty much not going to be much besides your ususal white/blue collar worker. I've seriously probably only studied for about 3-4 hours this whole semester not getting very good grades and barely passing. I feel a lack of motivation and direction in my life and I don't know what to do. I settle for mediocracy and pretty much do everything last minute. Instead of working on a paper I will go to sleep and tell myself I will wake up and pull an all nighter to work on it; however, I ususally go back to sleep a couple hours into it and just scramble to get it finished right before it's due. I never was a studious person, however I usually got enough through lectures and skimming the exams. However this semester, I barely take any notes and zone out a lot and end up missing a lot of information crucial for discussions, papers, and text. I feel like I can't learn anymore or can't take in any new information. I feel like I have high aspirations but no motivation. I don't know, maybe I have a learning disorder?

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I doubt you have a learning disorder. Explaon to me why you went to college and why you are there?

3. Wizard of Poz

Wizard of Poz New Member

To get a degree, and maybe grad school.

4. Pringles

Pringles New Member

do you want the degree?

5. drakarch

drakarch New Member

what kind of degree?

6. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

If you really want it, strive to get to it. Create goals (realistic ones) that you want to achieve that relate to your studies and succeed. Make yourself do the work. Instead of sleeping or doing something fun, finish what you HAVE to do first and then reward yourself by sleeping, going to a movie, etc.

7. flowers

flowers New Member

may b u need to find better nerdy motivated friends....or set higher goals...
    though friends or ppl hoo influence make a lot of difference