Think I'd stand a chance applying for A/V sales?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ronin, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Ronin

Ronin Guest

99% of the better places want some AV sales experience but I've never done AV sales before, have work experience though just not in A/V, how hard can it be? I practically do the same shit online every day. And from what i've seen at AV stores I could probably do a better job than most of the shitty sales staff I run accross. I did car sales for a few months and learned quite a bit about how to sell things to someone even if they don't really want it.

I just don't want to have to work at some hood shop for 3 years just so I can work at a reputable store.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2007
  2. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

If you know how to talk it shouldn't be a problem. If you can't sell yourself they won't think you can sell their product so talk yourself up and whathaveyou. Goodluck.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

the biggest part is selling yourself. i got a job at the higher end car audio shop by helping the manager of the store knock out a side job one night. i was at the store picking up a part I needed for the "big box" store i was working at and he just asked me to help. he was impressed by my work and hired me.

just go show that you have knowledge of what they sell, and that you understand why their products and services are better than BB or CC and you shouldn't have a problem.

just show them the knowledge you show us everyday and i don't have a doubt that you can get a job.

4. mgardula

mgardula New Member

You definitely know what your talking about. I'm in ah and grateful, I've learned a lot. You could easily sell A/V equipment. Even without the sales experience your knowledge will get you the job. Is there good money in A/V sales? Look out for commission only pay, it sucks. It's feast or fathom. Do they even have commission only jobs these days? Anyway Good luck!

5. ssabripo

ssabripo Banned

lol @ ronin trying to sell A/V :rofl:

:wavey:

6. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

faggot did you get bant or just not read anymore of this thread that you made?

7. Ronin

Ronin Guest

im looking for jobs but i think im gonna end up working at costco Employee Of The Month style

8. Ronin

Ronin Guest

they dont have commission only jobs in oregon unless you work off the business location

9. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

Did you just say "feast or fathom" and OT let it slide for 2 days? What is this place coming to?

Ronin... I say go for it. You have enough product knowledge in general, and brand specific stuff you could pick up in no time. As long as you can present the knowledge you have in a proper manner, landing a job like this should be cake.

10. Ronin

Ronin Guest

yeah I ended up getting hired at costco as a box boy, 11/hr starting with raises and good advancement opportunities on top of good benefits, if i work up the ladder this could turn into a career :hsd:

11. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

Hell, I embarred some no-brain salesperson at Circuit City the other day.
    A guy and his wife were looking at a 50" 720p Panny Plasma. The sales person didn't know anything about the contrast ration on this tv. I over heard the guy ask the salesperson about break in time on the tv; the salesperson just had this bewildered look on his face, so I decided to step over and explain to the guy about break in time and that there was even a free break in dvd he could d/l off the internet.
    Needless to say, the salesperson didn't seem too happy that I helped a potential customer - lol!

12. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

I thought about trying to get on at the new Costco they just built here awhile back. They were hiring for 11/hr also, but I got a raise at were I work and make $13/hr now :)

13. Ronin

Ronin Guest

in 4 years at costco working full time as a checker u can make 40grand a year :eek3: :rofl:

its intense

They don't train sales people well enough, I blame the store.

14. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

Id do it (again) but only if was off of commission.

15. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

:werd: when redstar was a member, she got a job at BB... she said they wouldn't let them read any of the trade rags, at break time... now they are usually loaded with ads, but the inside info helps you keep up with what's new... that you wouldn't normally know about, if you didn't sell it.

chainstores=ftl