Think I missed a great opportunity

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Riconosuave, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

I was at the grocery store this afternoon. I've never even attempted to talk to any women before at the store. I always hear about how good a place it is to pick up women, but I don't see how it's possible. Today, while doing my shopping, I noticed a very, very cute girl with a cast on her arm (I know, with a cast, it makes for a great opening). We passed each other a few times, and each time she made eye contact with me and smiled. I don't really think anything of it. I go to check out, and she gets right behind me in the same line (the other line may have been a tad shorter). I still don't do a damn thing. After I load the groceries into my car, I notice the cute girl coming my way. Turns out her car is parked two spaces away, with no cars in between hers and mine. As I was getting ready to pull away, I manned up, and asked her what happened to her arm. She turns around all smiles and giggling saying that she had punched someone. I say I hope you at least did more damage to the other person. Lame, but all I could think of. She laughs at my comment, then I pull away. I'm a freaking bonehead!!! :wtc:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Oh well. You should have written your number on her cast. That would've at least left a lasting impression. But no worries, don't dwell and learn for the future.

3. Original

Original OT Supporter

:werd: there could've been a bunch of things you could do. Oh well, plenty of opportunities :hs:

4. babar

babar Active Member

should have written the number on the cast!

5. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Should have said you had a cast from punching someone too, but you can't see it with your clothes on.

6. jonno

jonno New Member

brilliant!

7. ryckmonster

ryckmonster New Member

damn ur good

8. soulelmnt5

soulelmnt5 applesauce & twizzlers

winnar

9. Motherfuckin .

10. theReal2man

theReal2man New Member

:rofl:

11. iwishyouwerebeer

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

In general, giving a woman your phone number without getting hers is a terrible idea.

However, in this instance, writing your number on her cast as mentioned would have been gold, provided you didn't do it in a nervous way (like asking "Is this ok?").

Then after you wrote your number you would have had a natural opportunity to get hers.

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:werd:

:down: to all the "write your number on her cast crew"

14. iwishyouwerebeer

You're agreeing with Yail....then saying writing the number on the cast would've been a bad idea....though Yail agrees it would have been gold. I agree that in any other instance giving the girl his number would have been a mistake, but confidently walking over and just writing his number on the cast would have been epic and unforgettable.

15. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

He probably mis-read my post.

I think writing your number down, then giving it to her, then disappearing is weak and passive.

But taking the initiative, finding a sharpie, and writing something on her cast is spontaneous and fun. And not something most guys would do, so its an excellent way to differentiate yourself from other guys.

And it would create an opportunity to get her number. "Ok, you have mine, now give me yours."

16. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

I know there were plenty of ways to have played it. Hell, the easiest thing would have been to offer her a hand in putting the groceries in her car since she had about 15+ bags. Signing the cast, although brilliant, never even occured to me. It's been so long since I've known anyone with a cast ... didn't know people still signed them, especially us adults. Like I said, I'm pretty boneheaded. Besides, I was on my way home from the gym when I decided to pick up some supplies, so I was bumming in the gym gear, and wasn't anywhere close to being in pickup mode. Guess you always need to be prepared regardless.