SRS Think I might be pregnant...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LilBit, Apr 24, 2006.

1. LilBit

LilBit New Member

Great! Now what! I'm not married, I think the father is married and the other possible father is my best friend. (Broke up with one and then had a crazy night with the other) I dont live close to home or anyone that I know. I don't believe in abortion and I can't live with the fact that I wasn't rasing my own child. I'm praying that its just a fuck up and I won't have to worry about this but for right now its the only thing I can think about. :ugh:

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

TAKE A TEST! Don't freak out over anything until you know for sure.

An unplanned pregnancy doesn't have to be the end of the world. No matter which way it goes though (whether you are pregnant or especially if you are not), please take some precautions in the future.

Have you thought about your options? I mean seriously sat down and considered each one? You cant just blindly go into parenting because you think it is what you are supposed to do (and you shouldn't IMO). Have you thought about how you will raise this child?

How old are you? Do you have a steady place to live? Do you have a steady job with enough income to support a child? Do you have the emotional support you will need? Have you completed college already? there are so many things to consider when deciding what to do with a pregnancy.

Again though first take a test before you start to freak out.

3. dr_jerkvorkian

dr_jerkvorkian New Member

ermm. is it too late for morning after?

4. LilBit

LilBit New Member

The official results will be known later this week. Goin to a doc appt. til then its the only thing on my mind. and yeah... too late for the morning after.

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

How late are you? You can take a home pregnancy test up to 5 days before your missed period (although it becomes more accurate as time goes on).
    See my edit in case you missed it please.

6. LilBit

LilBit New Member

Precautions were takin. And no, no support around here. I make enough to raise a kid. Already outta school. I've been thinkin about the options over and over again in my head. I posted more to just get it outta my head on on "paper". It usually helps me relax. Thanks guys

7. John Blaze

John Blaze New Member

wow:ugh2:

8. dr_jerkvorkian

dr_jerkvorkian New Member

ditto, for your insightfully packed response

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Can I ask how old you are? Do you WANT to raise a child? No judgements from me no matter which way you go. I just sincerely hope that you don't continue the pregnancy and raise the child because it's something you feel you HAVE to do or that you don't have any other options. Think through your decisions now and hopefully you won't have any regrets in the future. Make your decision because it is what YOU want, not because of societal pressure or you feel in some way having and raising a child is somehow 'punishment' (lack of a better term) for what you did.
    What do the two potential fathers feel about the situation?
    edit: I am not trying to push you into anything, I just want you to fully consider ALL of your options.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2006
  10. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

i agree. just because abortion is 'wrong,' doesn't mean it's worse than the other decision you have in front of you. Sometimes you just have to choose between the lesser of two evils. Raising a child is going to live with you forever, and you really don't know what might happen. I am by no means suggesting the abortion, but weigh the consequences of both seriously before you consider one.

11. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Adoption is also a possibility, there are a lot of people who crave for your child. But of course its your choise.

12. Kokomo

Kokomo OT Supporter

put up for adoption.
    adoption over abortion always

13. thatoneguy

thatoneguy OT Supporter

yup....nothing like paying for a car for 9 months just to give it to someone else.

if you are asking this question of anyone (even yourself) you already know the answer.

if you keep it.....you will not want it.

if you wanted it, you would not wonder what you should do.

14. Girder_Shade

Girder_Shade OT Supporter

Your kid is going to hate you if you put it up for adoption.
    God is going to hate you if you abort your child.

Either way, you should just take responsibility for your actions. :o

15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

WTF kind of statement is that? Welcome to the Asylum, where we may be overly honest at times but we don't say bullshit like that. God's existence is debateable and there are plenty of adopted children with perfectly normal happy lives (who do not hate their birth parents). Abortion or adoption can be taking responsibility for your actions. Leave the abortion debate in DIACF or holding 10 foot high signs of aborted fetuses in front of the local abortion clinic.

Nobody can make the choice of what to do with a pregnancy besides the pregnant woman herself. Nobody should say the above (ssj_jaypee's response) to a pregnant woman. It is ignorant at best. Unless you are in her shoes stfu.

Not true at all. Some women find it very satisfying knowing they have given their child a life they never could have personally given them (through adoption). Some women find comfort in abortion. Some women feel pressured to keep their pregnancy and the resulting child and end up spending 18 years being resentful towards the child. Some women are perfectly happy in their decision. Some women question themselves for the rest of their life even though they still somehow feel they made the right choice (no matter what that choice may be).

It is NOT as black and white as you imply.

16. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

17. John Blaze

John Blaze New Member

Your's tambien.

18. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

Shut the fuck up, asshole.

One of my best friends is adopted and he doesn't hate his birth parents at ALL. In fact, he thinks his birth mother giving him up for adoption was the best thing she ever could have done for him.

So until you are in this exact situation, you need to STFU.

And take your bible to the Life After OT forum and OUT of this thread.

Dipshit.

19. Girder_Shade

Girder_Shade OT Supporter

Calm down everyone! I'm just stating the facts.
    This is the Asylum after all and she needs to know the truth.

If you were the kid, you'd hate your biological mum if you found out she gave you away at birth.
    And god (if you believe in him) does not look down lightly with abortion. Its basically murder.

All I'm saying is, people need to start taking more responsibility for their bloody actions! You know the risks, now accept for the consequences.
    I know its the asylum and we're supposed to be helpful and I am, I'm giving her advice.

Anyway thats enough from me. :eek3:

20. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Facts? If they were facts you would be able to back them up with statistics. Would you care to show us your statistics?

21. tbone

tbone New Member

I'm adopted and while I do not know my birth parents, I thank God they had enough sense to realize they were not ready to raise a baby. I love my (adopted) parents and have no regrets or hatred towards my biologicals. Plenty of public or famous people were also adopted, even Dave Thomas (Founder of Wendy's, but deceased now) was a huge proponent of adoption saying it gave him the best life he could imagine and he did know his biological parents. He donated millions to help educate people about how good adoption can be.

So until you have some sort of evidence that "adopted children hate their biological parents", STFU! :fawk:

EDIT:
    http://www.adoptusa.com/faq.html#Q14

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  22. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

How do you know that what you say is "fact"?

You have no proof that adopted kids hate their bio-parents. Are you adopted? You know for a fact that all kids who are adopted hate their bio-parents?

As for abortion, that is not your choice to make. If one wants an abortion, I'm sure whether "god" looking down on them is the last thing on their mind.

Your "advice" is some pretty shitty advice. I sure as fuck hope she doesn't take advice from someone like you. And before you come in here spewing garbage like this, you'd better be prepared to back up your "facts" with statitstics there, jethro.

:rolleyes:

23. marauder

marauder New Member

That's is the most usless comment you could make and YOUR VERY BIASSED AND PERSONAL OPINION YOU FUCK WIT.
    Well that's my light handed words about you ssj_jaypee :squint: what I could say about you serves no purpose in helping the thread poster so I won’t.

24. marauder

marauder New Member

I'm not to good at this I will try.:hs:

What ever happens if your pregnant know it's fully your Decision what you do it's up to you.
    No one has the right to force their opinion onto you or try to guilt/push/force you into anything examples anti-abortion/Church shit or any ones bullshit, I think these type of people should all fuck off. Maybe my personal view shows a bit there :o

Now for 03 white zx3 I :bowdown: to you :)

25. big 1

big 1 New Member

Okay, so after all of this *cough cough * educated debate.... are you pregnant or not>?? were all curious??

also, out of curiosity, are you going to stop sleeping with a MARRIED man?? did you not think of his wife and children before you slept with him? I mean, was it not enough to sleep around with no protection with multiple partners, but you had to sleep with a married man? no offense, but im a guy.. and no married man will ever step up to the plate to take care of a bastard child. It would mean admitting adultery. PLuis his wife would divorce him. I hope for your sake that if you are pregnant, that the father is not the married guy.