Think I have a virus

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by eu4ia, Dec 4, 2008.

1. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

Been having a few problems with my computer lately. I leave it on at nights and sometimes it Windows will do an update and restart it. A few nights ago it did this and when I woke up there was some program called Perfect Defender on my computer. It keeps popping up every 15 minutes or so saying I have spyware. The window says "Security Center Alert." My internet has also really slowed down when browsing the web. I have tried using different web browsers. Xbox live works just fine. I tried to renew my subscription to Norton Anti-Virus but it gets all the way to where I click the download the new software button but always says that Firefox can't connect to that page. Google searches always lead to different links than the ones I click on. Spybot Search/Destroy won't open anymore. AVG Free edition isn't finding anything on a virus scan. Websites that are already in my favorites load, but really slow. Security websites like Norton won't load past a certain point. I am getting very frustrated, any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

It is definitely this Perfect Defender program. I am just having trouble getting rid of it completely.

3. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

:werd:

A quick google search turned up tons of results on removing it too.

5. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

Think I've got it fixed now. The problem was it made google useless. Anytime I searched about it the links I clicked would send me to other websites, not the ones I clicked on about how to get rid of Perfect Defender.

6. thinkhard

thinkhard OT Supporter

everyone seems to be getting that fucking thing