Things you "HOPE" Square Enix will "CHANGE" between XI and XIV

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Los, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Los

Los Active Member

GO GO GO

1) Kotaku mentioned a more robust character creation ability. Thank God! It was pretty lame to have a limited <100+ combinations for each character.
    http://kotaku.com/5431965/final-fantasy-xiv-features-robust-character-creator

2) No more paying for extra character slots. I have 3 80s on wow with several more up and coming toons. I'm not saying that there should be no limit or even a large limit but maybe the first 3 should be free, you know?

3) Get rid of Playonline. One of the worst features of FFIX.

4) Less grind, more amazing quests! (Pst Aion)

2. Koltas

Koltas OT Supporter

Completely agreed with #3. It was one of the main reasons I quit... It was so bad when FFXI first released.

3. pixie

pixie on one wild ride :naughty:

Playonline is gone, they are not using it for 14. Still have to deal if you play 11, but you have to use the Square Enix account thing for 14.

4. Los

Los Active Member

5) Boss fights that aren't just tank and spank. Heigan dance, Gunship battle, etc are thought of.

5. mdisen

mdisen OT Supporter

I'm done with Asian MMOs.

6. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Everything, it was the worst piece of shit MMO I have ever played and I LOVE the final fantasy series.

7. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Heigan dance made me quit wow...

Not really, but I couldn't believe how many retards can't move, during one raid I got pissed off and yelled "What are you a bunch of fucking paraplegics?" on vent :mamoru:

Actually, I quit because I was done... miss it so much though to be honest, log into my guild forums occasionally, ranked like third on server now, all up in icecrown... :wtc:

8. Los

Los Active Member

I don't mean specifically have a boss fight that is "dancing" but bosses with a variety of mechanics; not just standing still and demanding a dps burn. Like lets say you have to fight Bahamut in a 10 man. Its on an airship so 4 people mount cannons while the rest have bows and arrows. As soon as that phase is done, he comes down on the ship and its a tank and spank. Then phase 3, Bahamut is going apeshit and you have to dodge the massive fireballs he's tossing your way while an npc is trying to fix the big main gun harpoon. Then you fire it and BAM! He's down and you beat him to death but not before thousands of tiny little bahamuts come fluttering about.

Sounds like Razorscale + Onyxia. Ooops!

9. onyxium

onyxium New Member

No.

Fucking.

Kings.

Ever.

10. Eticket109

Eticket109 Nibbles, chew through my ball sack. Moderator

They've changed up a lot of the HNMs and mission bosses so that you can't just zerg everything. I loved some of the variety in some of the COP and ToAU fights.

SE has shown a ton of growth from the beginning til now in FFXI. Honestly they did pretty damn well for never doing the MMO thing before. It's only reasonable to think they'll continue to learn from their mistakes.

11. pbcustom98

pbcustom98 New Member

i had fun with ffxi, i just don't agree with the "party only" mentality.

sometimes i just want to fuck around and bs with some quests without needing 5 others to kill one mob. all it took was for someone to miss a taunt, and BOOM he just one shot the bm going for the mb...

12. Los

Los Active Member

Party questing blows. I like wow's "you can solo grind or do instances/quests together" mentality. Its ok SE, you can rip other people's ideas provided that you can add your own twist to it.

13. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

I prefer solo hunting / party hunting... choosing which will work better for you at the time... as in group mobs and solo mobs to farm.

My favorite system is solo quests leading up to group quests. Where you build up difficulty in quest lines (still non-instanced), so that you can go as far as you can solo on a quest until you need to group.

14. Eticket109

They seem to have a pretty good handle on that now. Most of the missions in recent expansions can be low manned until the last couple of fights.

15. Los

Los Active Member

neat.

To Eticket,
    if I were to resub on FFXI, I would still have to party @ around 20 (valkrum dunes, kokorrolo tunnels), correct?

16. Eticket109

If you wanted a party then the dunes is where it's at til 18 or so. Korroloka Tunnel is viable but the place gets crowded with the level sync summoner burns sometimes.

With signet bonuses and Fields of Valor though its pretty easy to just solo or duo to that point.

17. Los

Los Active Member

I want to solo my way to 75 nub. Can I do it?

18. Eticket109

Depends on the jobs still. I know a few people that soloed to 75 just off Campaign, FoV and Exp scrolls... takes fucking forever though. :rofl:

19. Los

Los Active Member

what is FoV and Exp scrolls?

20. pixie

pixie on one wild ride :naughty:

FoV is Fields of Valor-quest type thing where you go out and kill x amounts of one mob and y amounts of another and get basicly double the xp. You can only do one a game day/hourish, but if you plan it well enough you can do a couple back to back and then suck it up and just xp until the day change.

Xp Scrolls are rewards for a handful of quests you can do once a week, such as the choco races where you return the choco to it's stable thats been around for a while.

You can also get xp boosting rings, but they have a limited number of uses that you can get refilled once a week. They also have a maximum boost per charge. How you play the game really dictates which ring would be best.

21. Eticket109

Fields of Valor is a quest in every outdoor area now. It gives you a list of mobs to go out and kill and when you do it, you get a bonus to exp. You can also get shit like regen and refresh and reraise. It's not much, but it helps out.

Experience scrolls are given in a bunch of weekly quests now. Again, it's not much, maybe 5k a week or so.

22. Los

Los Active Member

hrm. really thinking about playing ffxi again.

23. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

Yeah, i might roll on the XIV. Never played XI before though. What to expect?

24. Short Round

Short Round New Member

JP ONLY ^^

25. Eticket109

[y]o-fJCr2ZGdw[/y]