SRS Things to pass the time

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Clix, May 19, 2006.

1. Clix

Clix New Member

SO as of late my life has been a rollar coster. I lost my g/f to my own stupidity. My 2nd semester of college went to the wayside becuase of my own stupidity of not getting things done when they needed to. But ive got things turned around. It being summer im away from all my friends, im living with an old friend from HS, but hes an automotive tech so he works weird hours so I dont even see him that much expect on his days off.

A job fills part of the day, but like right now late at night, all I do is surf the internet and think bout my ex. My body doesnt like to sleep so for the last month ive been going on 3-4 hours of sleep a night unless I actually find something to do and I sleep longer. I can go to bed now and id wake up at 8 without setting an alarm.

Ive played computer games, friends xbox, I try to read but dont have any books im interested in right now. I feel so unmotivated right now becuase its summer and I have nothing to do. Even browing OT has become boring. I try to read the news and keep up on current events but finding out someone was shot in dallas is only so interesting after the 100th time its been said on the news. Ive been trying to see my family alot more. My great grandfather has been in and out of the hospital alot latly so I spent alot of time with him and my uncle that lives there, but its not something I can do all the time.

I got so much crap im just ready to happen, like getting back to school, starting some new stuff at my university, playing some intermural sports, and just being 5 minutes away from my friends and not an hour or more. I was going to go see my mom and some relatives in Illinios and Minnisota, but I got a good summer job makes things not able to happen. Day after Day seems the same.

Wake up
    Work
    come home
    sit on my ass
    try to entertain myself until I make myself go to bed
    rinse and repeat

Whats some good hobbies or something I can do?
    Ive lived around Dallas my whole life and yet it feels like I live in the desert with nothing around me.

2. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

ive never been to dallas so i dont know whats around there but maybe start jogging or get another part-time job? what about beaches in the area, go hang out at a beach during your off-time and read a book or something, go to museums, go be a tourist for a day in your own town.

3. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

maybe you should find some thing where you can volunteer and help out. U seem to like cars. Why not volunteer for a car show? I know their are a ton around TX. And its also a good way to meet people with a common interest such as yourself.

If that idea is no good, then ask yourself what do u like to do? If you like to read then go to the library, get a library card, pick a book and hang out with a book and read.

If you like playing Video Games, go to an arcade and hang out their. Or to a video game store. start talkin to the clerk about games and stuff.

btw, Do you still talk to your ex??

4. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

There are beaches in Dallas?

Honestly, I would just suggest socializing. Go to meetups and that sort of thing for groups with similar intrests as you. Go to some bars. Do some stuff around the community. Sounds to me like you just need some people to hang out and do stuff with.

5. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

Start an online business. If you spend so much time online anyways why not do that and make some $ on the side? :dunno: Then when you get back with your friends it's basically set up and running and you'll only have to watch over it now and then depending on what you do.

It's an idea.
    :dunno:

6. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

get into r/c off road trucks or atvs and dirt bikes

7. Clix

Clix New Member

What kind of business could I start? Sounds like something to do, just dunno how to or what to do.

8. Carrots

Carrots New Member

Have you tried running or working out? The endorphins are really nice, and if you do it regularly, you'll probably get stronger and be able to sleep better.

9. Dw!zzle

Dw!zzle New Member

bowlings always fun =D