COMIC Things that Marvel's dropping the fucking ball on.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Sirc, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

You know over the last like 2-3 years, Marvel's been doing this rapid decline in continuity and overall just being a bunch of assholes with the most epic amounts of fucking their fans over on several different things. Here's a list of things that they've dropped the ball on.

1. Spider-man is their flagship. He is their big seller and #1 guy. When they do a retcon in the FUCKING MIDDLE OF A STORY ARC, you know they're in trouble. He gets organic webbing, then the stingers, then he dies, but is reborn, then he gets unmasked and reveals his identity to the public, then his aunt dies oh and he's also happily married to MJ. Wait oops nevermind, marketing showed that spider-man would sell better if he was single because fans could relate to him better. Not only is this a huge slap in the face (hey fans, you're a bunch of fucking losers), but shows their shitty integrity. So, in the middle of a story arc, let's just go ahead and have mephisto pop up out of fucking nowhere and retcon all of this and voila, everyone in the universe forgets, even Dr. Strange, who so happened to have fought mephisto many times. Good job marvel. That's not a cop out at all.

2. Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk. You give us the most epic scene in all of the Ultimate Universe and you don't finish it? Fucking assholes.

3. Jeph Loeb. Ultimates 3. RED. FUCKING. HULK. Seriously, I have never really wished someone I didn't know would die. But I really wish Jeph Loeb would die. Maybe of something like getting in a car accident and his car going into a ditch and he has a non-life threatening stroke of some kind and he just starves to death, half-retarded and too debilitated to use his cell phone to call someone. That would be fitting. You really dropped the ball on this one Marvel. Why do you keep hiring him to write shit? Yeah, the guy wrote Hush, but jesus fucking christ, that was like THE ONLY good thing he's done.

4. Joss Whedon, yeah. Fuck him. I hope he dies too. His mediocre shit is ruining your already mediocre shit. Marvel's greatest hero who's entire mantra of never giving up, which inspired troops fighting in World War II, decides that not only is he going to give up, but he's gonna cry too. BUT HE MADE BUFFY AND THAT IS ALSO A COMIC! Yeah well fuck you, because he didn't make buffy, he stole an idea of someone's and then put it on TV because his mediocre ass can't create shit. ALL OF HIS SCI-FI UNIVERSES ARE THE SAME! Firefly is the same thing as TITAN AD. Ugh.

5. The recent and upcoming events. Let's recap shall we? House of M? That was a pretty original Idea, I'll give them that. Then we had Civil War, which by the way was an idea stolen from a one-off limited series called Wild Cards. THE SAME thing happened in that comic and Marvel just took that SAME EXACT story line and put it in. Then we had Skrull Invasion, which already happened back in the 90's. And it's happening just the same as it did in the 90's. Now we've got Dark Reign and War of Kings coming. So in Dark Reign, they've replaced Thanos with a Doombot. In War of kings, they've decided to replace the X-men with the Inhumans, while fighiting the Shi'ar. Really good there Quesada, what? Did you hope that nobody had any access to some sort of large electronic database in which you could search up old story lines? Perhaps, I would call it, the Internet. Not to mention Marvel never finished Silent War, but that's alright, nobody bought it anyway, so they could just not do anything. But wait, now they're gonna do another Inhumans event? Awesome.

6. What the hell was killing Captain America like a bitch about? Captain America should've died taking out a bunch of broods that were attacking an orphanage full of burn victims. Or Captain America should've died defending New York during the Skrull invasion single handedly, killing like 300 skrulls before pure exhaustion became his downfall, signifying the ability of human perfection. Or maybe dying tragically. I don't know too much about tragedy, but i'm sure someone could do it. No, the greatest marvel hero and you shoot him in the back like some nigger that a korean 711 owner shot because he stole a slurpee. Go Quesada. You've done it again.

This is just a short list. It's kind of late, but when I wake up tomorrow, I'll post more.

All the while, DC prints a book with shit, fuck and cunt splattered all over like semen on a Playboy and finishes up All-Star Superman and Final Crisis being severely more interesting than Skrull Invasion. It just doesn't have 7000 tie-in books.

2. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Well it's just your luck that there isn't an event planned for next summer.

War of Kings is a miniseries, Dark Reign is just an imprint that's on all the books a la The Initiative.

That Doombot pic is a cover for What If: Secret Wars

3. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

OH god, are you serious?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

4. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

[​IMG]
    WHAT IF? CAPTAIN AMERICA: FALLEN SON
    Written by MARC SUMERAK
    Art by TREVOR GORING
    Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    Every man, woman and child in the Marvel Universe remembers where they were the day that Captain America died. But what if the event that forever changed the heart of heroics had never actually happened? And what if the hero that helped define the post-Civil War era had fallen in Cap's place? Join us for a tale of death, mourning and rebirth as we ask the question on everyone's mind: "What if Iron Man had died instead of Captain America?" Featuring Part 2 of a special five part back-up story, 'What if the Runaways Became the Young Avengers?' In this issue... Iron Lad stands revealed!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

[​IMG]
    WHAT IF? SECRET WARS
    Written by KARL BOLLERS & C.B. CEBULSKI
    Penciled by JORGE MOLINA & PATRICK SPAZIANTE
    Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI & MARKO DJURDJEVIC
    From the Watcher's Datalog: When a handful of Earth's heroes and villains were kidnapped across several light years to the alien Battleworld to fight a Secret War, Doctor Doom thought he'd successfully stolen the power of the cosmic entity called the Beyonder. However, Doom was unaware he had only stolen a portion of the Beyonder's near limitless abilities and the tables were turned, stripping the uber-villain of his newfound godhood. But what if…? What if events occurred differently? What if Doom discovered his mistake before it was too late and won the Secret War? In other words…"What If Doctor Doom Kept the Beyonder's Power?" And featuring the conclusion of a special five part back-up story, 'What if the Runaways Became the Young Avengers?' In this issue... "Young Avengers Assemble!"
    48 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

http://comics.ign.com/articles/909/909910p2.html

5. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

on another note, how much did you pay for your Subie and what kind of mileage do you get? :o

6. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

yes i will agree Ultimates 3 is shit and same with Red Hulk. But saying the only good thing he did was Hush (which in my opinion was weak) is a false statement.

Go read Batman: The Long Halloween, Daredevil: Yellow, Superman For All Seasons, Hulk Grey and Spiderman Blue. amazing stuff by Loeb & Sale.

i dont read enough of the superhero genre to agree with everything, but cap should have died like a soldier. not like a bitch - lets just hope Secret Invasion shows him whipping some Skrull ass

7. bigolbig

bigolbig New Member

8. storm2099

storm2099 Active Member

did red hulk and thor battle it out yet?

9. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

I traded my MR2 Turbo for it and another Impreza 2.5RS.

I get 25/32 city/highway. Depending on how much of an ass I drive like.

I'll give loeb an A+ with character studies, but he gets an F- on everything else writing related.

10. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

:bigthumb:

i think its also due to the fact that TimSale wont put his art with shitty dialogue. if you havent noticed - im a Tim Sale fan boy :rofl:

11. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

That's probably got more to do with it than anything else.

12. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

13. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

you didnt like the long halloween?

14. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Long Halloween was alright. I mean I have the whole run signed by him, but it's just like every other thing he's done. Big intricate mystery with a very easily identifiable culprit.

He uses the same template every time now so it's not good anymore.

15. Chitty Chitty Gang Bang

Chitty Chitty Gang Bang OTCC

Yeah they did,
    And Red Hulk used the Hammer to propell them into space,
    Where he curb... er... moon-stomped Thor for a bit.

Then he seemingly flew back to earth leaving Thor behind.
    There's pics somewhere but the whole thing was pretty ":ugh:"

16. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

ya the red hulk/thor fight was fucking stupid.

17. johnny

johnny shit, baby

:rofl:

18. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Damn. I've been looking to get one, specifically a coupe, but they seem to be far more expensive than the sedans.

19. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

In my year?

I have a 2000. In japan this was essentially the V6 STi just it didn't come with the powerplant. Only this was the V6 Subaru Impreza STi Type R. The sedan was the regular STi.

Coupes are expensive, but you should be able to find them anywhere between 5000 and 10000.

20. MeanieMe

MeanieMe New Member

F marvel

Vertigo is where its at :big grin:

21. Chitty Chitty Gang Bang

Chitty Chitty Gang Bang OTCC

:ugh:

22. Sock

Sock New Member

uh, how did you forget Loeb killing Sabertooth and making he and Wolverine fucking werewolves or something?

23. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Most of us are trying to forget some of the recent things Loeb has done in the Marvel U.

24. Sock

Sock New Member

Apparently Marvel has the same philosophy. The only way to explain how they keep hiring him is that they forgot how awful he was with his other projects.