SRS Things seem to keep getting worse. (Long)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Dec 2, 2006.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I tried to join a club at school but since its not a major University there are no clubs. I have been applying for jobs but I can't get one, not even a seasonal one because I can't do the hours they want. It's just now hitting me how I will never again get to see the person I was so close to getting married too. In this time none of my friends are doing anything with me anymore. They are all off doing things with their friends. I got out of this relationship and I didn't talk to people for so long I lost everyone. On top of that I hate Christmas more then anything, it is the worst time of the year and it has been since I was 12. Last night was the first time in a really long time I could not get a hold of anyone to do something with. I was at home, alone on a Friday. A ton of people said they would call me back but only two people did and one had work and the other was doing something with his friends. The group of friends I used to have has fallen appart and the one person I am good friends with does not seem to care about getting another group. He just wants to work and take it easy.

Playing video games makes me feel like crap, sitting here on the computer makes me feel like crap. Whenever I try to get up and do something I just end up driving around. I will go out to do something and not even do it. I will just drive around for an hour and come home. I am tired and I just go to bed early and I sleep late. It's not even sleep, I will go to bed at 10pm and wake up at like 2am and lay there and not be able to go back to sleep. I also don't want to get up even though I can't sleep. I always have found some comfort in laying in bed. My whole day is get up at 10am, go to class, then pretend like I have something to do and drive around. Then go home at 1:30pm and sit here on the computer. I can't even play video games so I usually just listen to music until like 10pm and go to bed because I have nothing to do, and repeat. I am getting 12-13 hours of sleep everyday, if I do sleep.

I am a very round about person, I am not happy doing just one thing. I like video games and enjoy playing them but I can't sit there and play them all weekend like some people. I like cars but I am not great at cars. It is like I am not good enough to fit into one group of people. I know a little bit about everything and I can relate to everyone. I can be friends with anyone no problem. It's just I don't enjoy the group so much when I get into it. There are some new people I could chill with at school right now but they are all into being pot heads adn I got out of that in high school because I consider that life style a waste of time.

I know all of this makes me seem anti-social but the truth is I am not at all. I love to be around people and the fact that I have no one to be around anymore is killing me. I enjoy large groups offriends, I had so much more. I threw parties back in high school and I still miss the past. How did I go from knowing everyone to having lost everyone. Hmm, well I guess it's a stupid question. One of my friends in high school was one of the most popluar kids there and I was his best friend. Because of him, I knew everyone and it was parties non-stop. Some of the best years of my life. Well he was forced to move away for two years and when he came back he didn't care about having a social life again but everything was fine because I found the love of my life. She left me and I started to care about knowing everyone again and having a social life. Well me and my friend no longer really knew anyone besides a few older people who didn't even go to college. I want my social life back but my friend seems to not care at all like I said early. Going to parties and what not is what we used to do and he doesn't even care anymore. Back in the day it was the classic duo. My friend was the bad ass who knew everyone and could find a party everynight and I was the smart kid who kept us from getting arrested everynite. It was a winning combo, all the stuff we did and never got arrested.

To get back in the enviroment would be very hard for me because to have a really good social life you have to know girls because guys + guys does not equal girls. That is my friends mistake, he knows it but I don't think he cares. If we do anything, its always call up the guys type shit. Since we are hanging out with guys half the people we call don't even show up and it ends up being like 4 guys sitting at a bar. To me thats a waste of a nite. I want to be living my life and not sitting at a bar with guys and paying three bucks for a beer.

All this bitching and I know the awnser is. Get a job and work a fair amount, focus on school and try to meet more people there and try to join some clubs or something. Well class does not start until Jan and I have been trying to get a job and we have no clubs. I know it is all simple but it seems impossible now. I laid on my ass saying oh, I could get a job the first day I went out and look. Now I really can't find one. Jobs around here in this college town do not open until summer, any other time good luck.

I made some goals that I think would make my life alot better.

• Lose some weight and exercise everyday
    • Get a job that puts me around people like me
    • Find 10 more girls
    • Clear my face up
    • Do good in school , get tutors and stop getting D's
    Sounds simple but feels so impossible. I can't even finish cleaning my room, I cleaned half of it and just never did the rest. I will have motivation for like 2 days then its gone. Am I the only one that has every felt like this?

2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

How's your eating schedule like ?
    Do you have insurance ?
    It looks like depression to me (lack of motivation, no interest, negative thoughts about almost everything, sleeping problem, feeling tired all the time, being alone more and more, etc).
    The first step is doing those things that you should do but don't find motivation to do it. You HAVE to do something so that you can begin to feel good about yourself again. It might still me overwhelming and that's when a psychologist comes in handy.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well all this started after my gf left me and slowly started to get worse. I used to feel like I was on top of the world. I don't have low self esteem because I think I kick ass. It's just I can't meet people that I think kick ass and that I feel is an equal to me and enjoy hanging around with. Also, I have sucked at school all my life and has always brought me stress and I never see school not causing me stress. I don't feel like eating and I don't get hungry anymore but I don't really care because it will help me obtain my other goal of weight loss. Never in my life have I had an eating problem. I always used to sit around and eat to much junk food. I don't know if I call this an eating problem though. I am not hungry anymore but I still eat 3 times and day. Its just I eat half of what I used to and fill full.
    Also, might I add I already have everything in life. I could go buy a house right now if I wanted too. I will never have to worry about money problems like most people do. It's like when you start out with everything in life that people don't have until they are 30 you haev no motivation to work.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2006
  4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Most people who have depression gain/lose weight because they eat according to their emotions (too much or too little, depending on the person). It's not really an eating disorder, just a disturbed appetite.

If you feel that you can do anything, fine, but you have to actually do something ! You'll begin to feel better and you might just feel down for a short time. If you gradually stop enjoying things that you did enjoy before, then you should be worried. Right now it might just be that you find it hard to cope with your current situation.

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well its not that I don't enjoy video games. It is just that playing video games really is doing nothing for me and I see that. I see my mistakes and I know my life is not balanced. I know what I need to do. Its just when it comes to fixing the problems I don't take action.