They call me Maverick

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by mistergixter, Feb 6, 2009.

1. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

Ya, so I took sometime off from OT. Got my shit together, so far it is working out well for me. Started at a 4 year school, so many hot girls. The problem is either I am trying to hard or I am not being outgoing enough. Well I took a step towards being more outgoing; however it ended in flames, hence the nick name of Maverick.

I feel like this is a motorcycle crash analysis thread, I know what went wrong, identified and still crashed and burned. So here was the situation.

Cute girl in one of my classes. Made some small talk on Tuesday, introduced myself and then went on my merry way. Thursday comes around; make some small talk in class before it starts. I take my time getting ready to leave, trying to time it right. This is about the time I get the feeling that something is not right, because I waited for her. She was talking to the girl who was sitting next to her. So I walk behind her waiting for my chance, she goes left I go left and then she stops and gets on her phone. I am committed to going left....shortening the story I walk up to her after making a weird walking pattern and straight up say this, "Hey, I have a quick question for you (locking up the front tire coming into a turn), can I take you out dinner sometime(proceed to crash here). Soon as those words left my mouth, I knew the answer was no. She said she was seeing someone. So now I am committed to walking with her in an awkward situation and I ask where she went to school, turns out she went to the same school I did. So the first time I ask a girl out, I crash and burn.

I think I know what I did wrong and I think I can learn from it. I need to learn from my mistakes and just go with the flow. Speaking of beards, I would like an opinion on if my beard looks better on me than clean shaven. Granted the beard is about a month old (I grow facial hair slow).

Here is the link to my photos. I don't really have any recent, beardless photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pat.mcsomething/BeardVNoBeard?feat=directlink

One final note, besides the fact that I don't think I really asked a question at all in this thread, knowing that I messed up with that girl. For the future, it would be a better idea to work slower, instead of blatantly asking her out? Well, sometimes you fall off and you need to get right back on.

And also, about two weeks ago I managed to get a cougar's number at a bar and then proceeded to go out on a date with her. That was a big step for me.
    :wiggle: And as the Eagles are singing right now, Take it easy.

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Doesn't look like there's anything wrong with your looks.

You picked a chick who is seeing someone. Nothing wrong with that.

What do you think you did wrong (other than crashing :mamoru: )?

3. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

The approach i what I did wrong. Asking her straight up, bold but not the best way to go about it. There are lots of should have or could have that I could have done, like ask for coffee instead of dinner. But if I didn't do it, then I would not have failed. That is what I can take away from this, I still managed to ask her. It can only get easier now.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

you really think changing something you did would have resulted in a different answer?

5. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

"Oh really, how'd the first one go?"

"Crashed and burned, wasn't a pretty sight"

"And the second?"

"I dont know, but its looking good so far"

God I love that movie.

6. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

I am not sure, you never know. Hindsight is 20/20. Turns out we went to the same high school, so maybe something could have happened or not. But we get back to the could/should/would again.

Put yourself in that situation as the girl, how would you have reacted?:noes:

Yes, Top Gun is an awesome movie.

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

me?

i would have said the same thing. sorry, i have a bf.

8. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

That was a risk that I was willing to take. The chances of her being in a relationship were 50/50. Now if I would have taken my time some more, then maybe I would have found out about him.

I am sure we can discuss if how this would have gone different in this scenario vs that one, but the response I should have asked you for, say you didn't have a bf, would you tell a white lie in that situation?

I just reread your response and you answered the way I thought it you would answer. So would you still tell a white lie or flat out say no?

In the long run, the past is the past and I need to move on and continue with my life. That is why I am going to my friends party tomorrow night, lots of girls to innocently flirt with.

Thanks for your responses as well Lauren

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

you acted, so you did well. Who cares what she said? You get points for acting where before you would have been scared.

10. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Maybe you went a little too fast. It probably came out pretty awkward as well.

Instead of: small talk before class -> Going out to dinner

Might have played it better: Small talk->walking together after class->getting number to talk about class or homework->meet up for a coffee to study->go out to get something to eat or drink

Probably just caught her off guard and made her feel uncomfortable.

11. lauren

lauren Active Member

i'm just saying don't blame yourself for the crash and burn when unbeknownst to you, the brake lines were cut, so to speak.

and how i turn down a guy depends on how he asks me. it would be presumptuous for me to assume every guy who invites me somewhere is trying to get into my pants. but yes, if someone is so bold as to ask me outright, i'll be direct back. they deserve that much.

12. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

that was my goal, but it didn't go my way. Well I am going out later tonight for a friends birthday party, so that will be fun I hope.

Plus the fact that I am on a dry spell makes my mind do silly things.

13. fray

fray New Member

I prefer the more clean shaven pic...still some facial hair, but more cleaned up. I think your face looks thinner and it is more trendy.

14. JamesL

JamesL wat

:werd: to all of this.

Unless you are (and know you are) an incredibly good looking guy, or mr don juan suave with the ladies, you acted on this waaay too fast.