SRS there's this girl...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by in vain, Mar 25, 2007.

1. in vain

in vain New Member

i'm a junior in college and i've been in love with this girl since freshman year of high school. i asked her out a few times throughout high school, but we were really good friends and she kept using the "i dont want to ruin our friendship" excuse. so i've had gf's and whatnot over the years, but she has still been like the love of my life. every love song i've ever written (i'm a musician) has been either about her or inspired by her. so when we went to the same college, i thought i would have another four years to work my magic. the only thing is, i can't just grow a pair and tell her how i feel. so should i just stop being a bitch and tell her? after writing this, i realize that that's probably the best answer, but i wanted to ask complete strangers for their opinions.

2. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

Tell her, if you don't, you'll never know what may have happened.

3. IStandalone

IStandalone EssentialDucati

Sadly, it already seems she's rejected you (that stupid sex in the city line comes to mind "she's just not into you"), I know it may sound cruel but it's more than likely true. Tell her how you feel one last time (don't mention the songs) and if she shoots you down just move on, it's healthier for you.

4. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

I know exactly how you feel dude. Well maybe not exactly but somewhat close...

I was falling really hard for a girl I became great friends with. Long story short it almost seemed like we were each others complement on everything - at least so I thought. After trying to get something going and nothing happening I dropped the push and left her to her own vices. It's worked out great, I've met others I really think are amazing in their own right and some that fit better with me than she did.

You never know how bright the stars are if you only stare at one spot in the sky. It may seem tough, but if you miss after this next attempt leave her to initiate the friendship don't try and go for it again because the best thing for YOU is to move on (note: don't be thinking about the best thing for the potential "us")

5. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Bro, she's rejected you multiple times. She knows how you feel. She's not interested. Do you think it is attractive to her to see you continuously ask her out? It reeks of desperation. Think about it from her perspective. She's already told you before and if you keep asking her, what do you think is going to be going through her head? It's probably not pleasant. She's probably very frustrated with being put in that situation over and over again after you should have got the hint the first time. MOVE ON! She's not going out with you, and the reason isn't because she doesn't want to ruin the friendship, that's her excuse to let you down easier. She simply is not romantically interested in you PERIOD. If she was she would have you in a second and she knows it.

Bro, I've been there before so I know how hard it is, but dude, you're what, 21-23? It's time to grow up. You have a kiddie crush and she's made it clear you're not getting anywhere with her. It's time to move on.

6. johan

johan Active Member

Four years to work your magic? If she was into you, four minutes would've been enough.

At this point, your only shot is alcohol. But then, she'll hate you and never speak to you again, and possibly press charges.

You need to move on. Tear your heart out by never speaking to her again. Channel that sorrow and rage and despair into an awesome ballad. The world needs more silly love songs.

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

1. You have one-itis. Google it.
    2. You are friendzoned. She wants nothing to do with you. If she were attracted to you, she would never have given you an excuse. A mature man, by the way, would have understood that it WAS an excuse and she does NOT want anything to do with you, and he would have moved on.
    3. If you tell her how you feel like a baby who loves his mother, she will be attracted to you EVEN LESS.
    4. The longer you waste trying to get with her, the longer you will both be single and not realize there are other women out there who DO want to date you.
    5. If you continue to be "friends" with her, you will only increase your skills at being "friends" with other women. You need to stop trying to be "friends" with women and learn how to be a "lover" and date women.

It took me 10 years to realize I was doing the same thing with Becky. I am glad I finally figured it out, and once you do your life will change for the better.

By the way, never tell a love interest anything you would not tell a woman within 5 minutes of meeting her. If you think telling her how you feel is attractive, and is something you would tell someone within that 5 minutes, you're missing a lot of lessons on dating. You should go find some books and web sites that are focused on dating and romantic relationships with women that have been created by successful men with experience.

8. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:hsugh: You don't understand the concept of attraction. There's nothing you can do or say that will make her attracted to her. All the BS from the movies about winning someone over doesn't work. You don't choose who you are attracted to, you either feel that way about someone or you don't. She has clearly shown you she doesn't feel that way about you yet you still follow her around like a lost puppy begging for her to go out with you. You do need to grow a pair and stop bothering her and move on.

BTW, you should never tell a girl "how you feel". Think about how weird that is. If you like someone you need to show them how you feel through your actions, not force them to have some awkward coversation about how you are desperately in love with them.