There's a brand new GS500 on sale for $3,700 at the local bike dealership

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by VBGOD, Aug 19, 2002.

1. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

:bigthumb: Very tempting. :o

It's about a $600 discount. This leads me to my question. Is there such thing as a good time to buy a bike? Winter time perhaps?

2. DuffMan

DuffMan Guest

You'll want something faster after a month. Get what you really want.

Just my $.02

3. Suparslinc

Suparslinc Member

I hope your factoring in tax, title, freight, fluids... with all the crap they tack on that $600 discount is going to disappear quickly. Buy used is what I say.

4. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

True. :(

5. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

That's pretty dumb advice. No new rider has any business being on a Hayabusa. Even if you manage to survive the initial ride home, you won't learn shit on that thing.

Herb, anything more than $1500 for a GS500E is too much, IMO. :) Especially since you'll be finished and ready to move up in about six months.

If I were you, I'd figure out where some of the local sport biker hangouts are and when they gather. Try to find some of the more responsible ones and have a chat with them. Some of them may want to blow you off as a wannabe or whatever, you don't want to talk to them, as a rider I don't even want to talk to guys like that.

When you find some good people start asking what they think would be good for a beginner and how you could find one used for a decent price. Chances are they'll know where to look and can possibly help you out

6. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

:cool:

That's the plan. I don't intend on getting a fast bike right away. Although it would seem cool, but I value my life way too much. :o I still have another 2 months before I get my bike though. (The latest course is October 18). Until then, I'll keep an eye out.