SRS "there will never be anything between us"

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by brownrice, Nov 29, 2004.

1. brownrice

brownrice 2 + 2 = 5

she finally told me that tonight. after being there for her for everyday for the past 4 years. i've been in love with my best friend since the day we met, and tonight she finally told me that it'd be best for us not to hang out anymore. i know it's the best thing, but it's a shitty shitty feeling to have put so much of my heart into nothing.

Tonight I watch the lights go out in your house
    Wondering how I could get so deep
    And you could still get sleep
    In vain I blame my trembling on the cold air
    And I can't hide that I've relied on you
    Like yellow does on blue

i feel like i have nothing [​IMG]

2. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Distancing yourself from her might be the best thing. She may well get together with you in the future, I've seen it happen before.

3. mmmBoss

mmmBoss OT Supporter

Distance yourself, and she will eventually start to realize how much she missed you, and will come back. Just DO NOT try and be the sad puppy getting back with her, let her come back. It is hard, but I have had to do it in the past, once she realizes that life sucks without you, she will come back.

...and :bigthumb: on the Something Corporate lyrics.

4. ILuvMtnDew

ILuvMtnDew Guest

COMPLETELY feel your pain, dude. But I agree with everyone else, distance yourself. She will probably realize eventually how important you are to her. The problem right now is she is taking you for granted. Happened to me, though now I don't feel that way about her...but that's a completely different can of worms.

And I bring you...Ode to the Nice Guy: http://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~jenf/writing/rant04.html

5. I'm very sorry. I'm glad you had the courage to take a risk.

6. SFA

SFA This is what revenge sounds like.

Distance yourself!!! Same thing happened to me, I just forced myself to block out all thoughts of her and I got over it eventually. It's hard to do, but that's your only choice if you don't want to be totally miserable for a long time.

7. brownrice

brownrice 2 + 2 = 5

Last night was the first time I've actually ever cried myself to sleep. I slept as late as I could today and woke up and cried for another hour. I've already deleted her number from my phone so i wouldn't call her w/o really having to think about what i was doing. i've taken down the picture of her in my room... and i'm trying to rid my surroundings of everything that reminds me of her. I'm not allowing myself to listen to anything that will severely depress me like i have before (elliott smith, something corporate, dashboard, etc.).

I know it will be hard to do, but I think I'm ready to step back and leave her. I know that if I do this, and if she doesn't come back then it wasn't meant to be. I'm not even allowing myself to accept the miniscule possibiliy that she will come back to me... because i know with that small amout of false hope that i will still hold on.

it times like these i really appreciate having OT :hs: thanks guys/girls

8. inferno8ball

inferno8ball 190 proof Everclear + MD Amped energy d

feel your pain and am right now going through a pahse where shes "angry" at me for distancing myself. i really have no want to be with her anymore, since ive felt so free since i started to distance myself from her, but now shes coming back trying to place blame on the "regression of our friendship" on me. so i have to deal with this shit. its not fun, but it feels good sometimes.

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

:hug: Take the time you need to cope with all these emotions, i encourage you to move on and not to let yourself be paralyzed by the situation. Never say never, new chances await for you in life. Hang in there. :love:

10. Spider Jerusalem

Spider Jerusalem Toppler of Governments

11. nana

nana Guest

You were only friends, nothing more. Wasn't like a real breakup or anything.

12. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Ok for the last two posters, drinking isn't a way out, and he had very strong feelings for her so when she tells him she doesn't want to see him anymore it's a very realistical break up for him ok? :hsughw:

13. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

hang in there sugababy :love:

she will come crawling back on her hands and knees because she will find out that by letting you go was the biggest mistake she'd ever made.. although.. it will not happen automatically.. it will happen.. but by then you have already moved on with your life and are happy with your new s/o. don't fret too much, good things do come to those who patiently wait. :kiss:

14. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

That really sucks. That's always a hard thing to hear. Hopefully soon you'll be able to realize you didn't put your heart into nothing, though, because you can only grow from loving someone, whether they love you back or not.

:hug:

15. johan

johan Active Member

Hey at least you know, instead of forever wondering.

And fact is, no one knows the future, not even her. I don't know what kind of friendship you guys had over the past 4 years, but that's quite a while, certainly not an overnight thing that came and went.

It is possible that the future might bring some surprising events. Act like a gentleman and, for now, distancing yourself from her GRACEFULLY with tact and confidence is the best strategy.

Best of luck to you.

16. Redline Racer

Redline Racer Subaru Tecnica International

Amen to that.

The pain of rejection after such a long time like that always hurts. But when I look back on my life its no way near as draining as the constant wondering and second guessing as to whether something could ever happen.

17. Twinkle

Twinkle This too shall pass

:hug: It will get better, promise. Letting go is the only thing you can do if you really do love her, though. It's corny, but it's true :sad2:

18. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

The best thing you can do is to better yourself. Do some things you've been meaning to do in life. So that however she acts with you from now on, you're a better man anyway and can be proud of that. the worst you can do is dwell on the misery

19. Yeah, don't start drinking away your problems. I've said it in the past (drink away your blues, and I've done it a lot), but in the past week, I've also realized and been told by family, friends, and teachers that I'm an alcoholic. So my suggestion is to just try and put the distance between yourself. (Edit- and her)

20. Kamikazi

Kamikazi Soon....very soon....

Thats what I hope I don't have to go through soon....

21. Transporter

Transporter A Bathing Ape

Dont trip. Everything happens for a reason.

22. brownrice

brownrice 2 + 2 = 5

23. brownrice

brownrice 2 + 2 = 5

all of her closest girlfriends, who i know are being honest not just telling me what i want to hear, well, they say that i just need to step back and do my own thing for now because they know how this girl is and that once she doesn't have something, once she realizes what she had and is missing, that she will come back. I pretty much knew that, but it will probably take a long time, and she probably won't be back until i have started like someone new.

anyway, i work at one of her regular hangouts and i pray to god that she comes in on the days/times i'm not working.

24. brownrice

brownrice 2 + 2 = 5

i'm really not feeling any better about any of this... and i'm starting to really miss her.