SRS There is something wrong with me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Riconosuave, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

I'm not really sure what is wrong, but I haven't been really happy in a long while, probably for more than 3 years now (I'm 26). I've never really had a shortage of friends, but life for me these past several years has been quite lonely. Graduated from college a year late, so all my good friends had moved away. Moved to a city 2 hours away from my hometown for a job. Moved again a little over a year ago to another town, since there was not much going on in the first town. Still working the same job and making good money. I'm moving up the ladder, and people at work really like me and my performance. But it's been tough meeting new people. I'm a decent looking, intelligent guy. People at work and my family have tried setting me up with women, but I just haven't found the right one yet. Lot of my friends are getting married and having kids. I'm just not sure where my life is headed at this point. I should be happy with everything that's going on in my life, but I guess finally realizing that I may end up a single, lonely, old man is really depressing me. Been giving this online dating thing a try, but life has got to be very sad if I can't even meet someone there. Feel like a loser.

2. Penetration

Penetration OT Supporter

Just keep your head up and know that everything happens for a reason, be patient and things will fall into place... I know, it's hard..

3. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

you need to tell me what city that is in your av ricosuave... is it hong kong?

4. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

yes, it's HK

5. dannycarey

dannycarey New Member

dont take this the wrong way, and i may be totally off, but it sounds to me kind of like youve sold yourself out. you move everywhere for your job, but thats not even close to what life is about. maybe take some time off or catch up with old friends. you need to truly find yourself before you try to settle in. take life as an adventure that is exciting and amazingly beautiful, which it is. if you have the right mindset, everything will fall into place. just chill, and enjoy the trip.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

How about volenteering, meet new people, send out a giving hand, and feeling usefull and becoming a loving person for others? It can make you feel a lot happier making yourself usefull, as you are more needed then you think you are. :wavey:

7. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

You may be right danny. I was willing to move anywhere for a decent paying job. Granted I'm only 2 hours away from my hometown, but that still keeps me from heading back that often. I suppose I've just always taken my friends and family for granted, and now that I'm older, I'm finally starting to realize that these are the most important things in life. I'm just sad that I haven't done a better job in keeping up with these relationships. You can have money, but if you're lonely and don't have anyone, even that can't make you happy.