GUN There Is No Such Thing As A Drug Raid Gone Wrong

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 10, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018381.html
    January 07, 2008
    There Is No Such Thing As A Drug Raid Gone Wrong
    Posted by Manuel Lora at January 7, 2008 12:07 PM

To the statist media, there are two kinds of drug raids. The first is the kind that are reported with "no incident" where the perp is caught and jailed, and the merchandise is confiscated by the cops and everyone lives happily ever after.

Then there's the kind that is "botched." Usually that means cases where the cops (and, more commonly, fully militarized SWAT teams) raid the wrong house and, to defend themselves, have to kill man, woman and child and often dogs.

Yet even ordinary drug raids are criminal. The police break into homes (crime #1), threaten to hurt people (crime #2), and usually search and confiscate (crimes #3 and #4) legitimately owned property. There's no good raid, only bad ones. And they are all wrong.

How many times does it have to be pointed out that black markets tend to be dangerous because they are criminalized? How many times must we repeat that vices are not crimes and that the state should play no part in how one's own body is used (or abused)?

Other than the nefarious foreign policy, I can think of no greater egregious threat to liberty than the war on drugs. Fueled by increasing militarism and Big Brotherism, ordinary people are now at risk. Perhaps at one point it used to be that only in the inner city would you risk being raided by mistake. It now happens everywhere. Law-abiding citizens are regularly executed by the government.

Recently, there was a drug raid in Lima, Ohio where a mother was fatally shot and a child was wounded (the kid had to have a finger amputated). This is the result of the war on drugs. This is not a separate tragedy from a "bad raid" or a "botched raid." Rather, it is what we can expect when the police are given the legal right to destroy their way into people's homes and threaten people's lives for having the audacity of breaking unjust laws.

And who carried out the latest round of murders? None other than the great Lima Police Department's Special Weapons And Tactics Team. As I look at the page, I am greeted by an animated GIF of a peace officer thug shooting straight at me. On the right column we are given instructions on how to post signs that ban guns from businesses. Because, of course, only the cops should protect us...by killing us.

[​IMG]

2. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

I first interpreted the title as "all drug raids are good." :ugh:

Makes more sense now :rofl:

3. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

4. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

Drugs are bad. Mmmkay?

5. smartypants

smartypants New Member

No tasing incidents in the news today?

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Most people other then ron paul supports will agree with that. But theirs all sorts of bad shit people consume every day legally tobaco, alcohol, rx drugs, bacon. We don't ban any of that stuff. Prohibition does not work, the gov has thrown away BILLIONS of dollars for nothing and continues to do so. I think legalization and taxation on the shit would be alot better, instead of wasting billions fighting the gov would make billions taxing it, that money could be used for education.

Legal or illegal it has no effect on me been years since I touched anything. Just another area where the gov mismanages are tax money, and some jurisdictions use to profit to their advantage.

How it can affect us though is alot less gun crimes if it were legal and regulated, less brady statistics on kids getting killed since they don't bother exclude those involved in illegal activities when less little 14 year old tyrones are getting shot slanging crack on the corner less shit for them to use against us.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  7. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

fuck, legalize it all and tax it all. People are going to get themselves fucked up on it anyway, might as well let the .gov make a profit off of it.

If people want to do something, they will find a way, no matter how illegal it is. Hell, I was drinking at 18 in college, and that was illegal in several ways.

8. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

I was kidding about the drugs are bad comment. I really don't care what people want do with their money and bodies and neither should the government.

9. Werm

Werm Guest

Just like alcohol prohibition this drug "prohibition" only causes MORE crime by the illegal activity associated with the import and sale of such drugs. In return the agencies who enforce such laws have job security. Just like any job people will fight to prove there doing things right and making a difference… even padding numbers and twisting words. It's a lot easier to make something illegal then repeal an existing law… specially since so many people depend on these laws for a job. Hard drugs ARE bad, but that doesn't mean I should tell you what to do with your body… far to many people think they have the power of doing the "public good", or for selfish reasons to themselves, to restrict people from doing what they want… simply because they don't do it.

I don't for see the war on drugs ending in my lifetime, but you never know… I wish they would make weed legal, often times it's been a "gateway" drug only because the shady dealer has other drugs he'd like you to try. If you purchased weed at a convenience store there is a far less likely chance the clerk will be trying to slang coke at the same time. I've known several people who got into hard drugs only because the dealer pushed it onto them to "try".

Marijuana, hash, and mushrooms should be legal in my opinion. These should also be restricted by age and taxed, like tobacco or alcohol. Making them widely available will also eliminate street pedlars who travel to get these items and bring them to you, conveniently.

I don't know the "best" way to change things, but I think they need to be done. Making "soft" drugs available will help deter those from more harmful ones.

10. t1h

t1h Guest

i'm for the war on drugs. i don't want the guy driving in the car next to me high on cocaine, etc

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So are you in favor of banning alcohol too?

12. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

More innocent people being murdered by the govt, not drug users. Astonishing.

13. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

thats why i caucused for ron paul (not the main reason, but one reason)

14. Werm

Werm Guest

It already happens... I've known several drug users who drive all the time.

15. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Because that stops people

:ugh:

16. Gimik

Gimik New Member

driving under the influence is already illegal.

17. t1h

t1h Guest

no, what we need is better education so dumbfucks won't grow up using illegal drugs.

18. Gimik

Gimik New Member

people will always use illegal drugs. since when has ANYTHING being illegal stopped ANYONE?

And really, it's none of my business if someone wants to kill themselves slowly with drugs or food or kill themselves quickly with a noose. It should be none of your business too.

19. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Getting back to the main point here I agree with the article. We need a way to prosecute these police departments who raid wrong house and kill innocent people/pets. There are better ways to go about catching these drug dealers. Hell if the TV show cheaters can track people down anytime any where I'm sure the PD should be able to just nab them out in public in a safe manner.

20. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Bro, we need to pass more gun laws. If we make more guns illegal then less will be used in crimes.

21. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (HTC-8500/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

ill read and post more later but wtf legitimatly owned property = controlled substances? :rofl: :ugh:

22. t1h

t1h Guest

it is my business when they are on illegal drugs and driving on the road (they could possibly kill me) or they get high and beat their wifes, and then my tax money goes to sheltering those wifes and kids.

23. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

i think we should do that with achohol to so people dont drink and drive.. oh wait we already do

24. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

edited

25. Gimik

Gimik New Member

They do that anyway.