SRS There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Exiled, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Exiled

Exiled New Member

unrelated to this board I supposed but im having one of those days.

I never have enough time..

Monday through friday I work a 8 to 4:30 job.. it takes me a solid halfhour to get through traffic and home. When I get home I have about a half hour to do my laundry, dishes, clean, WHATEVER.. and then I have to go teach jiujitsu, I teach jiujitsu from 7-9 and at 6-7 I have privates setup with people (for free). typically at 9 im on my way home and am ready to grab something to eat and then shower and make sure im not a stinky bastard and then go to bed.

Saturdays I have people yelling at me to go to lunch with them, family wanting me to come visit them..

It's been insane since christmas for me, I dont know about all of you but.. there really isnt enough time to do all the nothing you want, is there?

heh

/rant off.

2. Drunklands

Drunklands New Member

I started reading a book last night called
    The Four Hour Work Week

The guy created (and teaches people to create) an automatic business wherein he only puts in 4 hours of work a week, and makes 40k a month. Because of this, he is rich in time.

So far the book has been really interesting. While I was waiting for the book to come in (library ftw) I read his blog - interesting stuff
    http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/

3. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

maybe u gotta say "no" sometimes to the lunch requests. take a weekend off or something.

4. Exiled

Exiled New Member

i pretty much do that every weekend

and what I do is I get so lazy that I build everything I need to do up for the week when I have no time to do it.

Awesome huh!

5. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Story of my life, although I usually look forward to a few drinks come the weekend. Scheduling any kind of appointments or calling anything open standard EST business hours really is difficult for me.. :hs: I've been trying to reschedule a vaccination appointment I cancelled in December for over a month. In a sense, I feel your pain. If you find a way to make the day 25 hours instead of 24, let me know.

6. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I always have plenty of time, but then again I make sure that "I" come first. Time is my most precious asset. I don't allow others to take advantage of it, nor kill myself over scheduling.

Here are some common conversations:

Ex-Girlfriend: Mike, how are you? Can you do me a favor?
    Me: No

Current Girlfriend: Can I call you?
    Me: I don't want to talk on the phone right now.

Mother: Michael, I'm going to visit Aunt C, I promised her we'd be there.
    Me: You promised you'd be there. I didn't promise anything.

Roommate: Mike can you give me a ride?
    Me: I just came in the door.
    Roommate: Uh, so can you give me a ride?
    Me: No

Best friend: Mike, let's go out Saturday night, hit up the bar and pick up some chicks.
    Me: Maybe, I'll confirm Friday, otherwise I'm not going.

Some random OTer: Mike, can I talk to you for a few minutes on IM? I need some advice?
    Me: 5 mins, then I'm going to bed.

I also don't take on responsibilities that leave me with less than 3-4 hours of time for myself. I need at least a minimum of 4 days per week where I have time to be alone, to read, write, perform music, etc.

By now you've probably figured out the key ingredient.