SRS there is hope out there (revival story + tips)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bowers & Wilkins, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Bowers & Wilkins

Bowers & Wilkins New Member

about a half of a year ago, i made a thread on my depression and how the littlest things would set me off, even considering suicide.

Well i took some advice from several people, and finally got off my ass and started working out almost every day since June 5th. Not only do i feel great, i have much better posture, much stronger, less back pains, don't get fatigued as easily, etc. It definitely gave me the confidence to start talking to a lot of new people, (met new people at the gym too) and it led to me not being nearly as lonely as i used to be

Also i talked to one of my coworkers (who took premed in college) about my memory problems, and waking up in the middle of the night, and he gave me some really good tips.

1. He had me starting off with putting a breathe right strip on my nose (to get me in the habit of breathing through my nose),

2. then he told me to pile up 2-3 pillow at your head area, and place one pillow in front of the stack of 2-3. this is for your shoulder to press on.

3. sleep on either side of your body, and preferably towards a window. If you wake up to natural light, your body likes this much better, and you wake up easier.

sleeping in this arrangement straightens out your back, and i've found i don't have to crack my back 11ty times a day. Its much more comfortable, and i don't snore and wake up every 5 minutes.

so with these two things, (working out and sleeping properly) ive made almost a complete 180 (from being mopey and depressed to happy, confident, and semi outgoing (still have to work on that))

little longer than i expected, but if you have trouble sleeping and/or depressed give it a try

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yay! I'm so glad you took the advice. A few years ago I was depressed and I started working out and my whole perception changed. I felt physically great and started to have the confidence to meet new people. Now I get so upset at those who are depresseed and not willing to make their life better. Either way, I'm happy for you.

3. Bowers & Wilkins

Bowers & Wilkins New Member

im starting to tell people the same thing, if your down, lift some weights, go on the treadmill, whatever, 10 minutes and you forget what it was you were even mad about

4. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

glad to hear it :wavey:

5. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.