GUN There have been 2 armed robberies on campus in the past month

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pineapple Devil, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

just got an email from the university's spokesman telling students that if you are approached to hand over your possessions, seek shelter then call police

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I received a similar email at the beginning of this semester about robberies that were occuring around campus and at college apartments. They advised to hand over any posessions they requested because objects can be replaced. I was pretty mad they actually said that, do they intend to replace any items that were lost and financialy compensate the victim? They sure as hell aren't going to catch the person and replace the stuff.

3. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

Dont sell drugs and you will spare yourself from 99.9% of college "home" invasions lol

4. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

:rofl:

No they should say buy a gun and shoot to kill.... how crazy of them!!!one

5. MTech

MTech New Member

are you allowed to carry on your campus?

6. Aequitas

You don't say hand over all your shit. "Hey, campus police, I handed over all my stuff and still got the shit kicked out of me. Now I'm going to sue you for my loss of property and the injuries I received following your advice."

Saying cooperate, don't fight back, etc. etc. are normal things, but not advocating handing over all of your stuff.

7. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

If you have any intentions of preserving life you are going to tell people to cooperate and give up any material possessions. This is what most robberies are about.

How can you not understand that?

You are taking that statement waaaaaaaay out of context. Typical "gun crew talk" that so many use against us......

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

How exactly does one cooperate but not hand over all your shit?

9. Aequitas

How is it out of context? You never suggest giving up your property, you should probably avoid giving any kind of strict advice. Remind people that it most situations it works out best if you cooperate.

10. Aequitas

You don't, but as an agency you don't tell people to give away their posessions. See above post. They should stick to generalities to avoid legal trouble.

11. 7lvis

7lvis Guest

The interim chief of campus police tried to tell me that the campus is safe because the gang problems of East Cleveland are in East Cleveland, which he cheerfully declared was "at least five miles away, if not six or seven miles" to which I replied that I could get in a car and drive that distance in about eight or nine minutes, allowing for moderate traffic and a few redlights.

It is ridiculous to assume that one of the most dangerous cities in Ohio, let alone in the nation, is not going to see its problems spill over into areas that are within walking distance, let alone easy driving distance.

I told them to build a fence around the campus, I've told them this every year for the last three years... I also told them to arm the campus guards, and all they did was mock me and ridicule me... Now the campus is in the grips of a crime wave by non-student persons from the surrounding areas. They rape, rob, attempt to kidnap female students, and they steal anything that is left unattended.

I told them to build a perimeter fence/wall and restrict pedestrian access to no more than three places, and to do the same with vehicles. They said they wanted to be open to the community, and I told them, flat-out, that is not the sort of community you want to be open to!

12. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

wow. dont even know where to start with that one. thanks for sharing though

13. Coottie

Your next move....put all these suggestions in writing and send them as certified letters with return receipt requested to the police chief. Tell them if he doesn't respond within 10 days of receipt, that you will go to the press.

Then go to the press.

14. Coottie

Hmm...or they could take the opportunity to advocate the lifting of gun bans on college campuses.

15. Scrooge McDuck

Scrooge McDuck OT Supporter

16. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

17. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Can't happen, school are a gun free zone, people that reported being robbed with a gun are lying.

18. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

This semester here we have had 2 emails go out about robberies.

1st one

2nd one

What I get from this, be aware of your surroundings and if you didn't order pizza do not open the door. They generally do not send out emails, unless A) Its something that everyone is already talking about and they want to calm it down and make people feel safe by locking the window B) Its the beginning of the semester and they want to remind you to lock your windows. C) No particular reason, other than the make gun owners wish they could carry at the very least to and from campus.