SRS There goes Acne running my life again

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Skinny Pimp, May 27, 2008.

1. Skinny Pimp

Skinny Pimp OK

You would figure that @ 25 years old:

1) I wouldn't have acne issues
    2) That I wouldn't let it control me like it does.

Well, what the fuck.

I take only 2 meds, Retin A as my creme, Minocycline as the pill. Minocycline works fine a good majority of the time. I took it 3 times over a 3 weeks period lately because i had my tonsils taken out and they didn't want me to take it with all the pain killers i was on.

i still put on my retin a. over 3 weeks my face cleared up and improved. i guess the amount of water i drank helped.

well, im off the pain killers and over the past 3 days, i have broken out big time. i dont understand it. im back on my minocycline. im still keeping my water uptake the same.

BULL SHIT

I'm broke. I have worked twice in 3 1/2 weeks. At this point I don't care about anything but having a clear face. It gets me through the day and it helps me be nice to people in some form or another. When I have break outs, I take out my frustration on everyone possible.

I sent my dermatology office a email saying I need an appointment ASAP. I'm pretty sure they won't tell me anything new. They'll attempt to put me on some other creme or pill that won't work.

I just hate my skin. Honestly, this is retarded, i'm 25. If there is a god, he can go fuck himself for cursing me with this shit.

2. Plasma

Plasma New Member

I cannot recommend Roaccutane/Accutane (same thing) enough.

Get on it.

3. Kramp Easy Lube

Kramp Easy Lube Cause = Time OT Supporter

Have you ever been on Accutane? I was seeing a doctor who simply wasn't going to put me on it. I kept getting creames and pills that not only didn't help, but actually just turned my face bright right... not to mention each trip to the pharmacy cost $100+.

I moved to a new state two summers ago and was forced to see a new dermatologist, who put me on Accutane right away. :wiggle:

4. bunnyblueeyes

bunnyblueeyes New Member

I have the same problem, I had a flawless face thru highschool and college and now that I'm rounding 25, I've been breaking out! It sux ASSS!!! So I know how ya feel...

Accutane, i've heard there are some serious mental/emotional issues that happen when you take that. Maybe that just happens with highschoolers and their damn hormonal issues. i dunno.

So far I use Burts Bees Herbal Blemish Remedy, it's a roll on stick and works well, and than I also use St. Ive's Apricot scrub and that seems to do the trick...
    Ohhh and use anything containing TEA TREE OIL (any body shop will have it) it's a good natural way for use on acne w/out having to ingest pills.

Throwing it out there! :)

5. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I have HORRIBLE breakouts and have had them all through middle school on.

I HIGHLY RECCOMEND CETAPHIL!!!!!!

I used every acne med and product ever. I have found that my face must not like all the other crap I put on it and all the extra products. I use the cetaphil bar soap that has antibacterial protection. Their lotion for face is also excellent because it won't clog pores. I also do a scub with baking soda/baking powder/sugar(one of them) once or twice a week.

My mom works at Sephora, which has all the high end face washes to improve acne, they only made it worse. After returning to use just cetaphil, I noticed a difference within about a week.

Its worth a try in my opinion.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

My brother had serious outbreaks but i never had a pimp due to my lifestyle.

My brother ate chocolate and fats, and didn't work out a lot.

I never ate chocolate or any other greasy stuff, and would go jogging 3 times a week. A non fat diet is what worked for me. But you can also be allergic, A friend of mine was allergic to Mustard, got pimps all over his face.

There is this thing. You know when you eat , you can actually feel it, if your skin starts feeling strange after eating a certain product, then 'that's' the product you want to avoid. The Pimp remover creams and medicines might actually sometimes induce pimps, because they clean too deep, and the holes or pories can wonderfully filled up with even more bacteria causing more pimps.

My brother lost his pimp problem after he started using yeast creme. It was pretty effective. So healthy lifestyle + no fats/chocolate or eating stuff you are allergic to + jogging + good nights sleep , could improve your situation.

7. RedZ71

RedZ71 Large Marge sent me.

heck even at 35, i still get breakouts from time to time. surely not in the amount that the OP does, but still. basically,when i start breaking out, its time to get my hair cut short again. my hair, holds too much oil (even with as half bald as i am), and i get real bad breakouts on my scapl, forehead, and around my ears.

try buzcutting or something! if your hair might be acting like a sponge... then eliminate the sponge!

8. Skinny Pimp

Skinny Pimp OK

my face actually isnt too bad today. i drank 64 ounces of water before going to bed and doubled up on my minocycline dosage which seems to be the key sometimes. i was put on acutane and yes, it made me ANGRIER than fuck. and it wasnt just it made me angry, i felt down and out and lazy. grumpy. which in turns with my personality...made me hateful.

9. End

End You've got that shotgun shine

wow, your too unstable

i took accutane, the only problem i had was chapped lips

10. End

End You've got that shotgun shine

what's worse than pimples are scars. srsly.

good thing im not that insecure :dunno:

11. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Try cetaphil.... its cheap at any drugstore/target.. atleast give it a week to see if you notice any change.... You actually might be able to get a coupon on their website.....

12. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

Cetaphil is awesome.

One thing I noticed is since I cleaned up my eating habits my skin is freaking out big time. I don't know if it is my skin reacting to my body detoxing somewhat but my skin hasn't been this bad in years. :eek3:

13. mestizo

mestizo New Member

Accutane - get it.

I did EVERYTHING - minocycline, tetracycline, creams, pills. Its all bullshit. Accutane will clear you up.

There are some serious probable side effects when you take Accutane. You can have mental issues, you can't give blood, get anyone preggers, etc.

For me, my skin peeled like I had a sunburn for the first few weeks and then my lips were perma-chapped the entire time I was taking it. However, I NEVER break out anymore. I only regret not getting on it earlier. Get it.

14. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Late 30's here (shit that sounds terrible am I that old?)...I break out once in a while.

My wife's skin is flawless. She looks 10 years younger then she is.

She's been guiding / scolding me to treat my skin in the following ways:

* keep my face clean. Stop touching my face during the day after having touched a million things.

* treat my skin almost like it was it's own living thing. Don't use anything abrasive, don't use hot water when washing my face, don't overly dry it out, etc. She says the skin has a way of trying to repair itself when you damage it too much...and some of that involves overproduction of oils.

* keep pillows clean

* finally use some form of mild moisturizer to prevent the skin from producing excessive oils. It's painful how much money some of my wife's skin care products cost...but having tried some of the stuff she's recommended, it's worked better then the stuff the dermatologists used to give me in my teens.

Overall I'd recommend using the dermatologist's suggestions to a certain degree, but from my experience you have to experiment with some alterations in your daily habit to see if those are the root of the cause as well. Just as you wouldn't expect a diet pill to get rid of body weight by itself without exercise.

15. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

When I started eating better, I found that my face did this too, and my face looked every worse..

But.. when i got off of my good eating kick, my face backed off and returned to normal.. I dunno if its just used to all the american greasy food or what?

16. lick wid nit wit

I have no clue. Almost makes me want to go back and start eating crap food again. but I feel sooooo much better aside from my skin being an asshole :rant: I mean, it's not like I have such bad acne I need Accutane but it's bad enough to piss me off :ugh:

17. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

yea.. my skin is weird.. but i have found that just sticking to cetaphil and a moisturizer (i am not using dove intensive care or something) that wont clog pores, is hypoallergenic and all that junk, and using Seabreeze toner and using a cetaphil/baking soda scrub like once a week helps a lot.

I honestly think all that expensive crap for the face doesn't help nearly as much yet.

18. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

I've never had huge problems with break outs but tanning clears my face up too.

19. lick wid nit wit

Having said that, if you wear any makeup, the quality of makeup you use makes a difference (I'm assuming you might be a girl....). Since I switched to Lancome foundation and Chanel powder, I've noticed a difference. Mind you I don't wear makeup every day. But MAC makes me breakout, and the drugstore stuff? Forget it.

20. viper89

viper89 Lost

My mother went on accutane about 15 years ago. She never broke out again after it. I'm about half way through my second month.

21. dystinct

dystinct New Member

I used to break out horribly but I was also about 70 lbs overweight, ate shitty food, and was never active. Since losing the weight and living healthy the acne has gone away. Just something to think about if your lifestyle isn't so healthy.

22. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Let's all stress out about acne and take pills for acne then stress that they aren't working until it becomes an unnatural, unstoppable cycle...

...wait a moment.

23. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

My suggestion is:

Limiting showers to once every two days.

Stop washing your face.

Stop using product.

Use up your pills until they are gone.

Stop caring about how you look, it's not like you can think your way out of this one.

Allow the oil production to fall into a steady routine.

Voila.

See what you're like when you just accept the fact you "have" acne. Learn to deal with that new you. And boom, it's gone.

24. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I break out when I get stressed out.

worst thing ever and it happens all to often lately.

25. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

Yeah, I had a friend in high school who went on Accutane. He also started working out... a lot.

He became a little dangerous to be around.