MIL Theoretically speaking, if I wanted to go back into the Marines...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NPH, Mar 9, 2008.

1. NPH

NPH Guest

1. Would I have to take the fucking stupid ASVAB again?
    2. I'm getting 10% disability (shoulder, but could suck it the fuck up and do my pull-ups, etc). Would that disappear or I went back into Active (currently IRR)?

I kinda miss it :dunno:

I just went over my 90 days since my EAS. There goes my TIG, but I'd go another MOS and stay the fuck away from Admin (backstabbing bitches and cutting scores are bullshit high compared to other MOS's) :o

2. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Receiving disability makes it more difficult to reenlist. What is your RE code on your 214? In regards to the ASVAB, if it is more than 2 years old you will have to retake the ASVAB.

3. NPH

NPH Guest

Separation Code: MBK1
    Reentry Code: RE-1A

:cool:

My disability was approved after I had EAS'd, well after the DD214 was prepared and approved.

4. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

You will want to be honest about receiving disability when you talk to a recruiter, that is if you do.

5. NPH

NPH Guest

I would. Still not something I'm ready to do, but it's in the back of my mind.

6. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

You will have to go to MEP's again. The docs will determine if you are fit to come back in. And not all of your TIG is gone, only half. My DOR went from Nov 05 to Jan 07 when I came back in

7. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

i miss it too... i got els'd from boot for stress fractures in both tibias (left and right)... i appreciate the time i spent there so much. but i appear to have a great civillian career ahead of me as it currently stands...

8. NPH

NPH Guest

I could pass any physical with flying colors, so that's not an issue for me. That's good to hear about the TIG. This is just something I'm considering if shit doesn't work out for me here. I turned 28 last month, but I don't think the age requirement would really be a factor considering I'd be a PSEP (Prior Service Enlistment Program) Marine. Even then, I'm sure there are waivers, etc. since I just EAS'd in December. :dunno:

9. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

After 180 days you loose all of your TIG.

10. fixmefixmyhead

fixmefixmyhead OT Supporter

my friend was 30% disabled (shrapnel) marine discharged in june 07 and just got in the national guard and didn't have to go to meps. they put his disability pay on the back burner until he gets out.