MMA The worst UFC event ever within the last 5 years

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sammo, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I see a lot of people on Sherdog talk about how UFC 69 is the worst card ever. I don't even think it's a bad card...in fact to me, it looks pretty good. I'm not really interested in another Huerta build-up fight but other than that, it should be great.

Anyways, my point is that everyone seems exaggerate how bad some cards are, like "this is the worst card ever". The actual worst UFC event in recent memory was UFC 55 by a long shot...the card was total shit even before the event happened and it turned out even worse when it happened. A no-contest fight, a shitty main event which was co-headed by a Forrest Griffin fight and the debut of the street fighter that beat Kimbo, Sean Gannon. None of the recent cards are even close to as bad as that one was.

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

yeah well nobody cares what you think.

jk, but seriously it does look shitty, just like most UFC cards. :dunno:

3. RMarks

RMarks New Member

55 comes to mind. I can't remember the other one, but I think it was 35 where Tito fought Matyushenko(sp?) I think every fight on the card went the distance. Zuffa refuses to even put a dvd out for that event from what I heard.

4. Placebo

Placebo New Member

:ugh2:

5. xinster

xinster New Member

anyone wanna go in detsail of what went down at 55?

6. Sammo

Sammo New Member

It was just all around horrible..the card looked like crap beforehand as well. When it happened, it was worse.

Forrest at that point was even less of a contender than he is now. The fact that he was co-headlining the card was shitty for a PPV.

The main event was stupid beforehand, but had an even worse result. Buentello was coming off of a couple wins only and he was defintely not regarded as a good contender or competition for AA. It went quick and people thought it was bullshit at first (although it was a legit KOéTKO)

It was also silly to have Sean Gannon in the UFC...he was destroyed, and it was embarassing for the UFC. Then in one of the prelim fights, Sakara destroys a fat Ron Faircloth until Ron kicks him in the nuts.

The Babablu and Riggs vs. Lytle fights were good enough, but the event was still shit.

7. RMarks

RMarks New Member

I think they ended up showing every fight on the card in like under 2.5 hours of PPV time.

The Gannon fight I think was more of a statement by Dana to show what a Real MMA Fighter can do to some Internet warrior.

8. Kuet

Kuet New Member

we all know you have a HEAVY biased towards the ufc. I have bought the last 10 or so PPV events in a row....this card looks like fucking crap-GSP and serra being the main event, what if st pierre fought already- who the hell would headline this card?!! I am pretty dissapointed in the ufc, i think they know they have a shit PPV, so secretly they are giving us ufc 70 for free on spike, and saying its cause of HBO blah blah blah. sorry, im ranting, but this card lacks.

9. xinster

xinster New Member

gsp vs. serra is about as dumb as fedor vs. half of the people he's fought lawlz. it looks like a dumb event, no doubt, but im just sayin, remember back in the days of zuluzinho, giant silva, akebono, josh thompson and in some cases fujita and minowa/

10. Sammo

Sammo New Member

it's not even comparable to how shitty UFC 55 was...seriously

unless the fights on this card go like total shit...this is no worse than any of the Pride Bushido cards

If GSP already fought, then somebody else would probably be fighting...who knows? It's not important.

The fact is that the main event, Diego vs. Kos and Swick vs. Okami are all great fights. Belcher vs. Grove is going to be exciting although I don't really care much for either fighter. Maybe people aren't excited because they don't know how much of a threat Okami is to Swick. I've seen Okami's fights, so I'm pumped. Diego vs. Kos is good because Diego isn't popular, but he is an exciting fighter and Kos has the skills to beat him. Looking at styles, it would appear that Kos is indeed his toughest test, not Karo.

11. Kuet

Kuet New Member

im stoked to see okami vs swick actually...okami is a monster, and i hope he beats swick.

12. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

Talk about getting robbed. Thats imho one of the saddest moments in mma. Sakara put a vicious beating on Faircloth, could have easily been stopped in the first. Then Faircloth kicks him in the balls and escapes with an NC:ugh: Fucking bullshit.

13. damiand

damiand Proceed

Ditto, even though I dont see it happening, I would love to have a major Japanese contender in the UFC.

14. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

isnt that what gannon did to kimbo though?

not saying hes an mma warrior but its jsut another step