The Woodsman!?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Bib-Lettuce, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

This is driving me crazy, does anyone know what happened to this movie in Australia? It stars Kevin Bacon as a recovering pedophile, I checked out 3 cinema sites and none of them are showing it. It's release date was somewhere in June but now it is just gone...It's never was available to see at the cinema. So whats the deal? Was it banned or something? Any info would be appreciated, thanx.

2. godmare

godmare New Member

3. thatguyoverthere

thatguyoverthere New Member

It's already out on DVD here in the U.S., and it played a few art theatres here too.

I didn't think it was that great. It has a controversial premise, since one of the characters is a convicted child molester. It was based on a play, and I thought it felt stagy. I liked Mos Def, he was quite good, but hard to buy that someone so young would be a police detective. And for such potentially explosive situations, the movie was actually quite tame.

4. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

I rented it at the local video store. It was pretty good. In NO way was it controversial in what it showed. I guess the idea of pedophilia is disturbing but there was absolutely nothing graphic about this movie. There are a few sex scenes but everyone involved is an adult. There is no reason whatsoever this movie should be banned anywhere. Maybe people complained about it because it takes a somewhat sympathetic view of him. :dunno:

5. Eris

Eris Yes please

I rented it at Blockbuster .... wasn't too bad of a flick .. kinda dark .. but good