The WH40k universe is the most diverse

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Pro Street, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

That I can think of. At first it seems pretty simplistic, but once you get into it, there are so many aspects regarding the Inquisition, C'tan, and Imperial Doctrine that have been written over the past 20 years, that any other setting pales in comparison.

2. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

What is that from? I've never heard of it.

3. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

Warhammer 40,000. Here's a snippet of a conversation I'm in:

4. Basically it is a huge story that is based 20k years in the future, where demons from another dimension wage war on earth known only as "Chaos." Humanity is ruled by an emperor whos body is dead and whos mind can reach the far stretches of the galaxy. Humanity is completely hostile to any Xenos (non-homosapiens), therefore humanity wages constant war against: Chaos, Tau, Orks, Heretics, Eldar, and Necrons. To fight the war the humans have evolved fighting machines known as Space Marines, they are hulking humans Reaching up to 9 feet tall and equiped with practically impenetrable power armor and it isnt uncommon for a highly decorated space marine to serve the emperor for several millinea. Space Marines fight with fully automatic guns (Guns compares to there 9' stature) which fire basically high explosive grenades at a rate of fire compares to a machine gun. The Warhammer 40k universe is huge, and despite all the different aspects still keeps a simple yet coherent story.

5. Pro Street

Pro Street New Member

6. anjego

anjego Invading your economy!

7. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

i'm saving up to get Blood Bowl and two or three extra teams

8. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I have 3 WH Fantasy armies and 4 WH 40k armies sitting in my closest. :o

I played in the Rogue Trader Tourney at Gen Con the past 2 years, but I haven't touched any models since the last one.

9. obba

obba New Member

blood bowl owns.

i gotta teach the wife how to play it :o

10. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

I've given up on 40K. I was okay with the 3rd edition ruleset when it first came out, but it has since gone sour. I was first introduced to it back in 88-89 and now have 6 armies. I'm getting ready to ebay them. GW's business decisions (pricing and internet policy) pissed me off. So now I'm playing Warmachine by Privateer Press. I like their ruleset, a lot more tactics can be brought to play, unlike the throw as many dice as you can mentality that 40k is fostering.

11. kaxfenix

kaxfenix Guest

Battletech IMO is the richest world I have viewed to date..

never got into WH tho..

12. Acesn8s

I didn't like the way the Clan Invasion went after a while (Battletech Universe).

13. Madrox

Madrox Guest

I have an Ultramarine army that I never do anything with. Far as I know I'm the only one out here that plays. I can't even remember most of the rules now since I haven't played in like three years. Sux0r.

14. baboymo

baboymo Have you been circumcised?

BTW. Thanks for sending me that link Pro Street, I'll definitely keep up with this movie in the coming months.

15. baboymo

BTW. Is this supposed to be a live action or CG venture?

16. hey, if anybody is lookin to sell an army or two, or a starter set cheap lemme know.

also, do any of you guys know anyplace where the rulebook has been put on a pdf or taken pictures of every page? that would be GREAT. thanks loads

17. dr_sarcasm

dr_sarcasm Guest

You do realize that the 4th version of 40k is about to be released in less than a month (end of August here in North America)...

18. REALLY!! what does that mean. Newer guys that come with it? I heard about a new rulebook. will it still be 80 bucks? any links to more info?

19. Acesn8s

It will make the old rule book obsolete. It will also chang the army composition for most of the armies. :rolleyes:

20. but youll still get the same marines and elday in the starter box? oh well

21. baboymo

Anyone else besides Pro Street and the rest of the A.B.R. regulars keeping up with this series?

:wavey:

The movie news seems to be moving at a snail's pace. :hs:

22. Acesn8s

I think that movie has been in the making for close to 2 years now. I'm not holding my breath on a release date. :hs:

23. baboymo

You and Pro Street probably can't wait. :wavey:

24. Acesn8s

Actually the longer it takes to come out, the more my interest will probably wain. I stopped buying 40k stuff about 2 years ago. I've been playing it off-and-on since the late 80's. I've been through 3 versions of the rule set and have had many models made obsolete or require intensive reworking to play under the WYSISYG standards. I hear with the latest rules revision (which I'm not interested in getting) that one of my armies (Dark eldar) are not being supported.

The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth, which effects my desire to read any of the novels and probably will kill my desire to see the movie. Although I'd probably rent it. :o :rofl:

25. Bausk

Bausk New Member