The Warm-Up Manifesto (T-Nation)

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Bobert, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

I've never actually read many of the articles on T-Nation with the exception of Tate's and TC's stuff. But these two articles actually seem very informative, even if alot of it is just little tidbits of information. Also, he refers to Mel Stiff, Poliquin, Pavel Tsatsouline, etc. throughout the article to make his points.

Part 1 Includes
    when referring to the "camel/cat" exercise for warming up.

I believe I've actually heard this before but had never actually heard that reason for it.

Another thing I found interesting was
    Its not a very profound difference but its interesting nonetheless.

Another:
    I never actually just warm-up with bodyweight exercises, but usually do end up doing weights comparable to my bodyweight. I am by no means knowledgable on the subject so don't follow my lead. One question I have, still, is whether or not a full body circuit like mentioned would be useful even if you're not doing olympic style lifts, which involve your whole body.

And then the last thing I feel like C&P'ing:
    Has anybody else read the articles? Direct links:
    The Warm-Up Manifesto, Part I
    The Warm-Up Manifesto, Part II

I haven't made it to Part II yet, but I would imagine its just as informative.
    The article gives detailed examples of certain exercises, the only disturbing thing that I saw was lots of use of the swiss ball. :eek5:

2. KetchupKing

KetchupKing New Member

I've noticed that stretching often makes a big difference on the rest of the workout, though i'm not sure if its just psychological or not. This aritcle seems to suggest that there's something important going on.

3. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

I thought this would get more attention :wtc:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.