The Vitamin Shoppe..

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Dorn, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorn

Dorn New Member

Website is showing prices similar to other various websites, but are the actual stores running the same prices? And how is the selection inside? They're building one here right now (or it might be done already, not sure).

2. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

I go there. A few bucks more than online. A lot better than gnc. I payed $19 for 32 oz of creatine and 1 fast 400's is $15 for 1000g + shipping.

3. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

If you tell them what the price is online, they will match it. They have a huge selection.

4. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

<3 vitamine shoppe

5. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Vitamin Shoppe ftw

Wait till they have a sale, I got like 12-14lbs of protein for $30

6. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Vitamin Shoppy as I call it :o used to have better prices when they first opened. I get better deals at Nutrition Depot.

7. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

Actual stores run same price unless there's a web-only special.. unless something has changed since I worked for them, doubt it...

Selection inside depends how big of a store they run, your area, etc.. Selection is usually great, you won't always find the brand new up and coming products.. like when cissus first started making noise and carried online by a few merchants, VS wasn't onto it yet.. they're really strict with what they carry, it's testing beforehand, etc as both a benefit to the customer and to avoid liability otherwise..

Store brand products are actually made by the major manufacturers (Twinlab makes a lot of the base stuff, Pinnacle makes a good deal of the sports nutrition, Natrol makes some of the immune stuff, etc etc etc.. if you see a sign that says compare to this product, 99% it's from that company) I bought mostly VS brand products for the savings, but went with other products depending on what it was

Rewards program is pretty good, but you only get the voucher once a year, but it's really nice once you do...

They changed up a lot of the management stuff and I left (that's not the whole story/reason), but as far as product selection, pricing for a retail store, etc it's an awesome store, I still shop there when I'm in a town that has one, wish we had something like that around where I'm at now..

Great resources too.. a library in which you can borrow books, a computer with the HealthNotes system (like on the website), etc etc etc

I'd definitely recommend checking it out and signing up for the rewards program

My biggest complaint with them as a customer was just how they re-merchandised several things.. now sometimes you can find vitamin c in 3 diff areas of the store instead of just one.. it's really wack and confusing

8. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

werd, signup for the email notifications from the website, they'll throw you a 10 off of 30 or 40 coupon right off of the bat.. just make sure you have a newsletter folder in your email, sometimes they get a lil frisky with the frequency, but it's usually not bad.. they'll send you out monthly coupons online too, you'll see that I've posted some in the deals post when I think to do it

9. Dorn

Dorn New Member

I'll have to drop by there on Saturday, I'm running out of Green Bulge. See how it is in there.

10. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

I was in there last night. $63 for 10lbs of ON whey? Fuck that place.

11. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Exactly, they are expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.