COMIC the ultimate avengers (the movie...im sorry)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tigerafro, Apr 23, 2006.

1. tigerafro

tigerafro New Member

did anyone see that movie? yes i know its a cartoon but they didn't even get much of it right. there was only 4 avengers. they had the hulk, captain america, iron man, giant man, whasp girl, black widow and nick fury(who by the way was black.... i thought nick fury was also none as cable.) i could have sworn it was iceman, nighthawk?(he wears purple) the guy that wears green and uses his mind, and that girl all with capt. america. but thats not the point. its just that it was very inaccurate. it was disgusting. now i'm wel aware of the new avengers team, but can't they make it sort of accurate? jesus...

2. axio

axio New Member

Ultimate Avengers was about the Ultimates, the Ultimate universe version of the Avengers. The Ultimates are made up of Fury, Cap, Stark, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, & the Pyms. I'm prob forgetting some people.

Yes, Fury is black in this version. No, he isn't related to Cable in either version.

& in the regular Marvel universe the Avengers go through members like water.

3. Aiel

Aiel New Member

This is the Ultimate universe is different from the normal marvel. As for the black nick fury i think that was bendis' idea.
    I didnt like the movie too much cause oe of the things i really liked from the comic was the great art by Brian Hitch. but they have to simplify that for animation purposes. Speaking of the comic im really hyped for the upcomic Loeb/Madureira run on it

4. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

just wish they had put the part from the comic when Thor beat the shit out of the Hulk and the Hulk said "Thor's hammer only make Hulk more horny for betty"

and they should have taken out the part where Hulk picked up Thor's hammer :squint:

5. HoldEmRules

HoldEmRules New Member

I saw it and wasn't a big fan of it.

I felt it wasted WAY too much time with the backstory and not much with the actual action.

6. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

yea that was incredibly stupid, no matter how strong you are, you cannot pick up mjolnir :madfawk: :rant2:

Anyways, which issue is it that thor beats on hulk?

7. beta ray bill did it, and i think dr. doom is going to now

8. redlxn

redlxn New Member

beta was deemed worthy, hell he even got his own hammer.

In ultimate avengers it seems you dont have to be worth, just strong i guess :dunno:

9. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

Ultimates 1 issue 5 :)

10. axio

axio New Member

Ultimate Mjolnir isn't supernatural. Seems more technological based, Thor loses all his powers once his belt is taken off him.

11. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

yea thats what I've been thinking too, he's just a guy with a belt and a hammer that is just based on technology, not on Odin's magic. Makes sense because otherwise, no way would Hulk be able to lift it.

And BTW, in regular ol' 616, can Magneto control mjolnir?

12. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

thanks, read it over.

I also read parts of Ultimate war and it sucks that they didn't really show collossus beating up on Thor all too much, it was just mentioned. Collossus was always my favorite X-Man, nice to know he's all juiced up in Ultimate.