the ultamite peer to peer network

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by synthetic, Sep 10, 2007.

1. synthetic

synthetic New Member

everyone is getting connected these days with wireless home networking... most of us should be with in reach of another access point. So i wonder, if there is any tool out there allowing you to access to ap's at the same time? Thus we would be able to create a secondary internet, outside of the one governed by hard wired solutions. I believe the routers would be have to be monified, maybe to use ipv6 as the backend network with a whole new set of routing protocols in order not to saturate the entire backbone.

Thoughts / ideas... anyone know of current works in progress?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

It's called WDS and it works fine for LANs but it would shit a brick for anything else.

Not to piss in your cherios, but it is a horrible idea. Why don't you lobby for bandwidth to become a more regulated industry, with fiber to most homes, and true 100Mbps+ uplinks.

3. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Wireless sucks. And I am sure the publishers of the software would LOVE it if you shared it with everyone in the world :rofl:

4. synthetic

synthetic New Member

wired connections to your homes can be easily tapped into, get my drift.

i know about wds and yes this is what i want to creat, but with the ability to use the existing internet while on this secondary network.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

The only "drift" that I get is you're a fucking pirate faggot that doesn't want to co-exist on the legit internet. The internet is soooo fucked up that if your morals are considered so "extreme" as to require a discrete wireless network, then you really need to seek psych evaluation.

Why don't you lobby for the 100Mbps+ fiber connections then just setup a little ssh-encapsulated p2p network like you wanted? Bottom line is that the internet really provides very little in terms of tracking. A wireless-type p2p network would be EASIER to evesdrop into -- and even easier for disruption to occur.

6. synthetic

synthetic New Member

it would be cool just to have an alternate way of doing things. lobbying for 100Mbps fiber in usa LOL . do you have any idea the cost for a build out like that? while the secondary wireless network would be cheap, and accessible to by all, and not limited by one physical location

7. tyrionlannister

tyrionlannister New Member

WiPeer does this, though not to the scale you describe.

8. synthetic

synthetic New Member

I draw pictures better than I write :)

[​IMG]

9. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

It's called a mesh network. Google it.