The TL went under the knife. . .

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scott P, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

I got bored at work the other night and this is what ensued:

Sorry about the size
    [​IMG]

I know it is still a little rugh, i have to finish shaving one corner and add the lighting underneath. Also, for those moree familiar with staging, in the box i was thinking of designing for one eD K series 12, I was thinking i would have it firing in the back drivers side corner of trunk towards the passenger's side tail light. Would this angle potentially throw off the staging? I wouldn't think it would, but then again i'm not real sure.

2. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

where are you gonna put your skis now? :hs:

3. Rick

Rick New Member

roof?

4. 04

04 Guest

It wont throw off staging if you cross it over low enough. The higher in frequency and the less steep a slope you use, the easier it will be to localize.

5. Scott P

Scott P I are lurking through. . .

it will be sitting a 1cf sealed box and crossed over to approx 80hz and below, so i don't think it ought to be to bad, but i'm not to sure on the parameters of the sub (i'm not to great at deciphering T/S parameters) and their relation to staging and what not

6. 04

04 Guest

None of the T/S parameters will tell you anything about how a subwoofer will image, or quite frankly even divuldge the complete frequency response.

I'd say to try adjusting the crossover settings until it gets hard enough to localize by you. It will vary. Also be sure and keep the bass output levels pretty flat in relation to the other speakers, if you have the levels up higher, it will make it easier to localize.