The Terminal with Tom Hanks

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by deznutz, Jan 13, 2005.

1. deznutz

deznutz New Member

From the previews, i really wanted to see this movie in the theatre, and by the time i got around to have time to see movies, it was already at Blockbuster. I picked this movie up as well. Out of all 4 of the movies i rented, this was by far the most enjoyable one to watch. Tom hanks did a brilliant performance. The movie is very upbeat and also gives a sense of compassion. I enjoyed it through-out.

I might pick up the DVD today.

2. lionsgraphics

lionsgraphics OT Supporter

True, it is a good movie. Spielberg did a good job at making it not a boring film, and Hanks suprised me with his acting skills, yet again.

3. dgsmith

dgsmith Guest

Yes I enjoyed this movie, I think they picked the perfect person for this role, Tom Hanks was brilliant. I very much liked the idea of the movie as well, because everyone knows what a nightmare going to the airport can be buy millions of people still do it either for work, or by choice.

Good Film, my rating 8/10

Dave

4. rezin

rezin Put it in the air with the chronic/ My lyrics like

i got it from netflix because my mom wanted to watch it and i was really surprised, way better than i thought it would be

5. edrox

edrox A good man, and thorough

I did not care for it. But here is why.

There actually is a man who has been stuck in an airport terminal for several years. His story is actually similar to the way Hanks' character wound up stuck in his terminal. I am drawing a blank on the two countries he was between, but I do know neither was the US. It took several years to straighten out this man's citizenship status between the two countries. However, by that time he had been in the airport so long, that he could not leave and funtion in the outside world.

Instead of making a schmaltzy comedy-feel-good movie loosely based on this, I would like to see, read, or hear the full actual story.

6. Billy McGee

Billy McGee New Member

i still really wanna see this, i just have yet to

7. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

here is the story of the actual man: http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/airport.htm

8. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

worst movie i saw in a while. it was too slow and boring. even my gf hated it.

9. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

watched this last night, i thought it was a good movie...very funny at times :)

10. matrix243

matrix243 Earn this. Earn it.

Yep, great movie. I was hoping to see Mrs.Douglas naked, but what can you do?

11. FurryFriend

FurryFriend Guest

I saw this flick on an inflight movie. It was so bad, I didn't bother finishing it. The writing was uninspiring, unfunny and downright annoying. Why would that one security guy have such a vendetta against Tom Hank's character? If Tom Hank's character understand only very limited English, why does the INS keep trying to communicate complex legal terms to him? What? In a city as diverse as New York, they couldn't find a translator? How about using Alta Vista's language translator?

The flick tried too hard to be sentimental. Next time, give us substance, not a parade of stars.

12. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest