The Strangers - Discussion - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Jonari, May 31, 2008.

1. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

What'd you guys think about this movie. I thought it was a blend of texas chainsaw massacre and house of 100 corpses. i thought it was good that she lived in the end.

2. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

I thought it was real good. At first it seemed as if the killers were all in their heads because they'd never see them. The end was just crazy.

3. jamesthegreat

jamesthegreat Dont be Jealous

i thought the movie was overall good....

but im going to say that the girl didnt actually survive cuz at the begining it said so....

4. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

:werd:!

I think I screamed about 10 times, and covered my eyes and ears about 3 times.
    But I heard in the real version of the story it wasn't a guy and a girl love story. It was a single mom and her two kids... dunno how true that is, but if it is then :wtc:.

5. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

O and I gotta say that the girl annoyed me..
    the entire movie she says pretty dumb things:

"where are your going"
    "what are you doing"
    "why are you doing this"
    "be careful"

i think she could have had more intelligent lines. [​IMG]

o and i teared up when the dude killed his best friend by accident.. that was tough.

6. Irvin Washington

Irvin Washington New Member

That was easily one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen. The fact that Liv Tyler's character kept walking/crawling back to places of danger didn't exactly help the issue. My best description for the film; a series of tragically stupid events. In short, I want my money back. :(

7. pdL

pdL OT Supporter

This was the funniest scary movie I've ever seen...mainly because of the crowd that was at the theaters.

When the girl was in the house looking in the kitchen and one of the guys is in the house standing inside, one dark skinned individual in the crowd yelled "niggas a jabawakee" and I just lost it. I was rolling for atleast 3 minutes that whole scene. :rofl:

8. Bojangles6

Bojangles6 New Member

I enjoyed it.

9. Hollywood2712

Hollywood2712 New Member

I thought the movie was terrible and the ending had absolutely no twist what so ever. I want my money back too!! Any of us could of made a better movie then that!!

10. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

is this movie worth seeing??

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It's "inspried by true events" which always means pretty much the entire movie is bullshit. The idea is based around something that the director heard about as a kid, the Keddie Resort murders and the Charles Manson murders. So basically everything you see is completely hear-say and/or all made up.

12. Muffin Man

Muffin Man New Member

wow one of the worst endings i've ever seen. seriously lets give us 5 shots of them takin off their masks. why does this even matter. there was only 3 characters in the whole movie we were introduced too. So even if we saw their faces why the fuck would it matter. that movie sucked, the ending sucked huge dick, and overall it wasn't scary. the movie relied on loud banging noises at times when u thought everything was calm. I'll rewatch the descent anyday over this and at 75 don't waste any of you rmoney for this shit movie with one of the most open ended bullshit endings of all time

13. noisebleed

noisebleed New Member

meh... should be a comedy.

14. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

it was a terrible horror movie

15. emerson

emerson dead s3xy

lmao this movie sucked so bad... i wasnt scared one bit and it left me thinking wow they deserved to die for how stupid they really were... the director should quit now... absolutely NO STORY and no emotoional connection to the characters... im glad they died, good riddance

16. massacre007

massacre007 Banned

very cool but why did they die?

17. snoozeallday

snoozeallday OT Supporter

because they were home

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

18. snoozeallday

snoozeallday OT Supporter

This was so bad. I feel so robbed paying 8.50 to see this shit. Worst movie ive seen in a very long time.

There is no story. The 2 main characters are a dude and a girl. The villains are:

+1 fucking girl
    -1 fucking gun

HOW DO YOU FUCKING LOSE?

19. Quarantine

Quarantine Active Member

I thought it was a decent movie, I didn't really like the ending.

If it's true, then why didn't they tell us what happened to the killers? Were they found? Maybe they did mention it and I just didn't see it :hsughno:

20. c.electra

c.electra New Member

i thought the movie was horrible...most definitely a waste of money and time....i especially hated how the strangers had oh about 8934775 chances to kill the couple and they would suddenly stop what they were doing and walk away. ...all i kept thinking was JUST KILL THEM ALREADY so i can get the hell out of here :rolleyes:

21. Chitown B

Chitown B Active Member

saw this on DVD last night.

it was reminiscent of Funny Game, which was even more creepy and horrific.

I did like the movie - normally a horror movie ends and 90% of the time I think "well that was stupid." But this one I can recommend.

SPOILERS ** I loved how until the very end the Strangers didn't do a single thing to harm any of them, they did everything to themselves. The light bulb cutting her hand, shooting the best friend, her hurting her leg, etc. Just creepiness abounding, and I like that. No motive is the scariest motive, as Jamie Kennedy purports in "Scream" and I agree. And then of course knowing they're going to die and seeing the faces of their assailants slowly plunging the knife and not being able to do anything about it. So uncomfortable, wow. **SPOILERS

Definitely worth a rent, and I don't give that to many horror films. Also pick up Funny Game, which is even better.

22. Chitown B

Chitown B Active Member

well, unless you really love someone and are getting engaged.

23. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

the killers never actually did anything to the couple until the end. mostly it was just scare tactics and destroying stuff.

i thought it was a good movie but nothing like house of 1000 corpses, not crazy like that.

24. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

Very well crafted, alot of suspense/scares. But when it ended it was kind of like 'what's the point?'

25. MattyCakes

MattyCakes Guest

what are you people actually thinking when you know, you go to see a movie called The Strangers