The solution to PC vs Console is simple!

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by tibbar, Nov 6, 2009.

1. tibbar

tibbar aww fennec foxah aww

Give mice and keyboards to consoles, everyone wins.

2. tibbar

3. HotSauce0034

HotSauce0034 Cowboys Crew : Xbox Live GT & PSN GT = Levati

I agree, and would love this solution.

4. tibbar

My computer is starting to fall behind, if I could easily hook the console up to the monitor and play with the mouse and keyboard I wouldn't really give a shit about the difference.

5. EscapingJail

EscapingJail Playing To Win

indeed truthfully there is no difference other than mods and custom maps when you give the console keyboard and mouse.

6. Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong OT Supporter

i would love that

didnt they try with unreal for ps3

lets see more

7. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

Mouse + Keyboard support with the ability to re-map keys in all games of consequence is the only thing keeping me from purchasing a console.

8. Los

Los Active Member

My 285 GTX > R60/7 Series Nvidia ATi combo found in both systems.

9. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

I don't know why they haven't enabled that for games.... it would steal another good percent of pc gamers.

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I can't figure out why they haven't either. Especially since we know the PS3 is capable of it (UT3). I can't think of one downside to the console industry for letting us use mice/keyboards.

Maybe it's so people don't start to realize that all the console has become is a locked-down PC without all the bells and whistles of an actual PC?

11. Boltzz

Boltzz New Member

i would be so happy if this happened

12. Boltzz

Boltzz New Member

wow for consoles :hsugh:

13. Los

Los Active Member

:bowdown: No more Lagaran!

14. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

i used kb/m for unreal on ps3 :dunno: finding a setup for a mouse and keyboard when using my tv is a huge pain in the ass though

15. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

It definitely would've stolen me a long time ago. I hate having to rebuild a new system every one and a half years just so I can play my games comfortably: I would relish the opportunity to use the best control system on a platform with games specifically optimized for it.

What the fuck is taking them so long?

16. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Welcome to the Dreamcast. Specifically: Welcome to Quake 3 DC edition.

I spent a lot of time with a keyboard/mouse precariously balanced on my lap.

17. CodsterTX

CodsterTX OT Supporter

lol at consoles with 512MB ram for system and video and geforce 7 series equivalent GPU

18. CodeX

CodeX Guest

god dammit you're dumb...

What the fuck is with this argument? It gets repeated every time the issue of PC's versus consoles comes up and it should be OBVIOUSLY retarded to everyone.

You don't HAVE to upgrade your PC hardware any more often than new consoles come out. If you build a PC that is equivalent to a brand new game console it will STILL BE EQUIVALENT TO IT FOREVER.

Upgrading your PC more frequently than new console generations come out is an OPTION. It ALLOWS you to have BETTER quality games (graphically anyways) than the current generation of consoles, nothing more.

Only a RETARD would think this is a bad thing, or a point against PC's.

Your point about optimization is also false. The DirectX libraries and standards compliant video cards allow for the EXACT SAME type of optimization to hardware that console games have.

Stop fucking bringing this up

19. Los

Los Active Member

one and a half years?

My 7800go from 2006 ran well with anything you threw at it... until it took a shit in july.

20. tibbar

Even if you bought a PS3 when it first came out ($600), you would be hard pressed to find a computer at the same time that would still play the latest games at the same quality settings at the time of ps3 release for 600 dollars.

I spent $1600 on my computer a year and a half ago, it's still running games fine but the problem is some games just aren't optimized for all hardware. That's why consoles can run games so flawlessly in general.

21. CodeX

CodeX Guest

No, what really happens is PC games get much more demanding and visually impressive over the life of the console, and to be able to play them at full frame rates you need to reduce graphic settings, which most PC gamers refuse to do because they think there shit is the best in town, so you end up playing games at visual settings that the PS3 couldn't even handle while complaining that your computer can't handle it either...

If you reduced the PC games graphics quality so that it equaled the console port of that game then your computer would run it equally well (assuming your PC was equally capable as the console to begin with)

One thing a lot of people forget is that most console games are run at 1280x720... which is retardedly low resolution that no PC gamer uses. Even console games that run at 1920x1080 are low res to most PC gamers...

Hardware does not magically get better or worse over time, optimization for specific hardware occurs in PC games as well, that is what the DirectX API and DirectX standards compliant video cards are for.

EVEN IF you had a leg to stand on with optimization, software optimization is not going to have much of an impact, 95% of the performance of an application has to do with HARDWARE performance, software optimization or the lack thereof might sway it 5% in either direction... unless the software developer is a complete retard, which people who write these games are not at all...

I am a professional software engineer that has written DirectX 9 games by the way...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  22. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Don't forget douche bag... because you're also a know it all douche bag.

23. CodeX

CodeX Guest

that's fine :mamoru:

24. cbenedict

cbenedict OT Supporter

own both.

/thread.

25. tibbar

Take for instance borderlands, if I don't turn my graphics down to shitty looking it runs poorly, I watched my roommate play the same game on xbox360 (a $200 piece of hardware) and perform much better. This is a perfect instance of poor optimization.