MMA the smashing machine

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by pepsi, Aug 14, 2008.

1. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

2. ChampKind

ChampKind New Member

3. Pretty good movie. You'll hate his damn girlfriend though and get no satisfaction.

Plus you know the story ends with.

Loss Ralph Kelly TKO Xp3 - The Proving Ground 7/26/2008 1 N/A
    Loss Tracy Willis Submission (Guillotine Choke) C3 Fights - Contenders 6/7/2008 1 N/A
    Loss Oleg Taktarov Submission (Kneebar) YAMMA - Pit Fighting 1 4/11/2008 1 1:55

4. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I heard she killed her self a few years ago, don't know how much truth to that there is.

Great documentary.

5. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah it was a great documentary he was at the top of his game when it began and then the bitch and his addiction ruined his career. They should do a remake with an update on mark kerr. Plus the fight with Igor in the movie is what made me look him up and turned me into a huge igor fan

6. roose

roose Guest

BAN FOR SPOILERS :nono:

7. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

thanks for this, never even knew this existed! :bowdown::bowdown:

I think Mark Coleman must have done something super fucking shitty in his past life. He's had the worst string of luck since fuckin 99.

8. Titus

Titus New Member

drugs are bad, i can't believe how much kerr has let himself go. some people are just fucking stupid, i can't understand letting anything consume and take over your life in such a negative way. it's pretty sad to see what he once was and see him now.

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah I think what ended up happenin from rumours and shit is that he went to aa cleaned himself up checked himself in a facility and ot clean. In the process he lost a lot of mass because he wasnst on juice any more and wasnt lifting or training and he was still consuming the same amount of food and shit. It was a combination of coming off of steroids and lack of activity.

I mean have you ever seen college athletes that stop training all together after college and get normal jobs and shit. They get fucking huge and not the good kind

10. Searcher

Searcher New Member

I feel for that guy.....I am on 8mg tablets of Dilaudid [which is an opiate(also called drug store herion) he used as well] for my ruptured disc.....You get addicted to this shit so easily.....It started to affect my life so I stopped cold turkey this past Sunday and the withdrawal symptoms are shitty as hell.....Hopefully my surgery will happen in the next three weeks or so......If you are at the level of pain where you need this types of drugs to function it is very imparing in all aspects of your life....Don't judge the guy to hard....Being on opiates to function daily is worse than you can imagine.....

11. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Awesome movie, thanks.

12. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

why was kerr in so much pain though to begin with?

13. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Who knows.....

14. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

he is a pro fighter and thats how he made his money. Guys like us that do it for a hobby can afford to take time off to nurse injuries and take it easy because that isnt what puts food on our table. Thats why you hear about fighters getting such severe injuries or frequent injuries. They get an injury and then they have to work through it. Its one of the main reasons why steroids are so prevalent in mma and shit. The guys arent using it to get big they need it to heal them up.

Thats the reason why hermes roided up because he got injured called the ufc up and asked to reschedule and they said no this is your shot. So your getting the oppertunity of a life time and then a lot of these guys see no other option. Lots of shit going on there.

Look at saku he has two knee braces lol.

15. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

It is too bad about Kerr but it was basically he is own fault. I mean, he got off the drugs and seemed to be doing well training with Bas and whatnot. Alcoholic crazy bitches will not do a fighter good.

16. Optamix

Optamix New Member

And its not just about that. I got hooked on painkillers after I ripped my rotator cuff. I started taking them in high doses so I could train when it hurt(fight coming up) and just got to where I always wanted them, made life easier at the time(so I thought, I couldnt see what it was doing to me).

17. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah you more then any one can relate because you took your training and fights very seriously so I could see how it would happen to you. Training through injuries is very tough. I haven't done it to much Ive taken time off, I recently tore my hip flexor muscle and it was the biggest pain in the ass of my life.

I usually stay away from pain killers because Im afraid of the addiction. I stay away from all drugs in general. I would rather bear with the pain because I have an addictive personality and I know I can fall into shit like that very easily. It sucks some times but you can relate.

I got addicted to some pain killers after a surgery I had and it was pretty ruff. Never again and the thing is it is so fucking common.

18. Optamix

Optamix New Member

This hand injury got me off the wagon. Dr. finally figured it out or thought I was selling them because one day I quit getting oxycodone and started getting tramadol. I was pissed until I realized how much I was taking again. Its really easy to justify. Oh, my hand hurts a little so I'll take 2 times the max dose. Made sense at the time :dunno:

next thing I know I'm taking them to sleep, when I go out to party, etc...

Slippery road with me.

19. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah you sound like me, I had one issue and I just stayed away from it completely. I dont want anything to do with it at all. When they prescribe the medication I tell them str8 up look this is how it is so I dont want it dont even give me a prescription I can just deal with it.

In the end it works out great because my tolerance for pain is way higher then most people.