The Sims 3

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by EG6, May 21, 2009.

1. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

Game leaked onto torrents/newsgroups a couple of days ago.

Surprised that there's nothing about it in here :o

2. assclown

assclown Active Member

Holy shit, it really did. I didn't even see it. :o Gonna check it out and if I like it I'm going to buy it for sure. I remember playing The Sims (forget if it was the first or second) and it was pretty cool. Interested to see how it is now.

Plus maybe I can get the GF into it :x:

3. Los

Los Active Member

hrm

4. spiffitz

spiffitz New Member

Wow, sneaked right in there didn't it? Release date is June 2. In for "try before I buy" although I'm sure wife will buy it anyway. I'd rather pay $50 than explaining .rars and Daemon tools to her 5x a week.:rolleyes: But then SPORE has pretty much spoiled it for me.

5. assclown

assclown Active Member

Just played it with the gf for a few hours. It's great so far. We both got jobs but what happens from here? Her sim works 9-3, mine works 3-9 then they go to sleep. :hsugh: Doesn't seem like there would be much time to do other things.

6. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

might get it, if my piece of shit laptop would run it.

7. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

We've been talking about it in the main for like a week. :eek3:

8. Madwolf

Madwolf New Member

Link?

9. OFI

OFI New Member

10. Daria

Daria New Member

there isn't really much time, HOWEVER, you can walk around half-dead from tiredness, but if you have a whole bunch of other mood bonuses from doing other stuff, it won't affect your work performance. I just started playing yesterday, so I haven't found alot of mood bonuses. So far what I've found for useful mood bonuses is: filling up past max when eating, making a new friend, going to the day spa, going to a movie, first kiss, showering past max...those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

This game is like crack for me. I played nonstop for 10 hours yesterday, took a nap, played for 3 more. :mamoru:

The textures are absolutely nuts. The different material gradients and the realistic quality of water are really mindblowing. I was playing on the b/f's computer. I think he has a really good gfx card, cuz the textures in that game are insane-looking.

I love the fact that sims have so many different personality traits and behaviours. It's alot of fun to actually meet new sims and see what the Maxis-created characters are like. I found one guy named "Cycl0n3 Sw0rd" who's super skinny and has a high-pitched voice and is a computer nerd. He apparently doesn't shave and wears a hat and shades. Really realistic for a computer nerd. It's pretty funny.

11. Daria

Daria New Member

if your laptop can run sims 2, I'm pretty sure it should be able to run sims 3. sims 2 was alot more choppy and sluggish than sims 3.

12. cyclaptor

cyclaptor Active Member

:bowdown: can't wait for the release. i'll be fighting the SO for play time. her big thing is designing new houses and people though

13. OFI

OFI New Member

Fuck I think I played 6 hours of this at work today :rofl:

Started a new 'house' stealing ideas from the guy a few pages back (mental asylum)

Built a barracks with 5 very small rooms with single beds and a sink, no decor, smallest windows, no door and then a larger room with a nice double bed and some decor and nice windows and shit.

I moved in 5 black guys all wearing army shit and a teenage blonde girl dressed like a tart :mamoru:

First flaw was the stupid bitch couldn't work. So ended up sending most of the guys to work anyway.

They all have random traits like mean, evil, insane, excitable and then some sort of useful one. They seem to have ended up as cops or in the military now :wiggle:

14. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

15. spiffitz

spiffitz New Member

Wow, talk about a time-killer. There is so many things to do in this game but your sims are much smarter than before. They seem to use their traits all by themselves and can get pretty far without much direction from the player. Aside from paying bills they can pretty much get by on their own. I used to think it was such a chore in Sim2 to have more than two characters but in 3 they're so autonomous that I got bored with only one person. Split up the traits among your household and you can pretty much sit back and watch. They'll water plants, clean the house, do their job, garden, call friends on their cell phones, etc. The wide-open city with zero load times is awesome and your sims can be all over the map doing their own thing, rather than having annoying visitors wasting your time which was the main way to get social points in Sims2.

The task queuing is much better. In Sims2 when you have a list of tasks for them and they have to do something like eat or use the bathroom it'll just dump the queue or they'll pee the floor. Now, if you have multiple jobs queued up and they have to go pee, the bathroom job will automatically take precedence and leave the rest of the queue untouched. Sims will take lunch and bathroom breaks at work rather than piss on the lawn the second they come home.

Oh yeah, evil is fun.:rofl:
    [​IMG]

16. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

HOLY FUCK :bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Time to re-create a patrick bateman so I can delt smash some bitches on OT :bowdown:

17. Daria

Daria New Member

I played this all weekend. Endless fun. Endless

And yes, evil is fun

18. kze

kze will dance for food

For real? :eek3: Then I might have to cop this.

19. gensix

gensix New Member

wish i knew how to use newsgroups. not enough seeders.

20. ososlow

ososlow OT Supporter

Man this shit is slow. Connected to 42 seeds and 95 peers and maxing out at 20kb/s, averaging 6kb/s . I should just wait to buy it :o

Anyone running on C2D 2.0ghz? SRTest says my cpu beats recommended, but cpu speed fails. :dunno:

21. Daria

Daria New Member

for real. i mean, you can go all out and max out the graphics settings and resolution, but you don't have to. I find the game on max settings runs smoother than sims 2 on slightly lower than max settings. Sims 2 was really poorly programmed in some places.

As a heads up, though, alot of people have been reporting that their games are crashing. The game crashes my computer after a few hours if I have it on max resolution, but I turned it down to 1024*768 and it only crashes after playing it for like 16 hours:mamoru:. Saving frequently also seems to lessen the frequency of crashing. This is probably a bug that wasn't fixed yet. I hope it will be fixed with the official release.

22. Der SchattenJager

Der SchattenJager Kupo, asshat.

Troll on Forum :bowrofl:

23. Sangster

Sangster OT Supporter

I played this for about 6 hours yesterday :o

I never played the sims but it was pretty fun.

How the hell do I build my character a new house and move him in it. I can't figure it out for the life of me :squint: Even in edit town, I'm stuck :wtc:

24. spiffitz

spiffitz New Member

In Edit Town you click on the upper-left icon, I think it says "Switch current household", that'll disable your current family. You can then click on houses to get the options to evict, split, merge, etc. I didn't think you could play multiple houses at first either. The map screen isn't as user-friendly as it should be. Finding a specific house to play is a chore when the town gets filled up.

Has anyone else here messed with switching households? I know the game said your people will go on their own way if you switch, but I've found a few custom families just plain disappear off the map for no apparent reason. One single person had a baby last I checked on her, and that was only one day after I switched households.:confused:

25. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

Didn't know this was coming out on June 2nd. Just pre-ordered it on D2D so I can just download it when it's released.