The Serial Cockblock

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sapient, Jul 23, 2008.

1. sapient

sapient New Member

CLIFFS: Seeing this girl from work, going really well until asshole guy cockblocks me and, since he knows bartenders, gets her drunk all the time. He's done this before. How do I stop this?

Met this really cute artsy chick from work, was hitting it off really well, until Mike stepped into the picture. Mike is fellow waiter who's loud, angry, berating, manipulative, lazy, and sneaky, but he can be simultaneously pretty entertaining.

Last time I seriously pursued a girl from work, he cockblocked the shit out of me at every juncture, made me look bad, and then got her drunk and high and had sex with her, while I was casually dating her. She lost interest in me, and to this day seems to hope he'll be anything to her except for what he is: a dude using her whenever he can't find someone new to fuck. Whatever, I wasn't too into her, and thought at the time, "oh, well thanks Mike, at least you showed me that she wasn't really worth my time."

Now this artsy chick and I have gone on several dates and everything was going absolutely great. I couldn't have been happier. Then we made the mistake of going out with coworkers together, who realized we were seeing each other, and the news leaked to work, and Mike found out. Ever since, he keeps hitting on her, and he's been trying to get her drunk all the time. He frequents a few low-traffic bars, so they recognize him and don't card the girls he's with, and she's still entranced with the bar scene since she's only 20 and Mike can get her in, so she's gone drinking with him several times this week alone. I just found out that last night, she went out with him, drank at least 12 drinks, and Mike came home with her to sleep on the couch - when he lives next to the bar. It's obvious what he's doing, but I don't know why.

Before I beat the shit out of this guy, what can I do? Last time it wasn't too big of a deal since I was just sort of interested. This time, I'm actually going on dates with this girl, and I actually really like her. I don't want her to be just another notch for that scumbag, goddamn it.

Ninja-edit: Took out race, as beer pointed out it was unnecessary and only serves to distract from the actual problem at hand, as well as making me look racist. Sorry to any offended.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

Don't beat the shit out of the guy.

3. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

Go on dates with other girls. If this girl likes you, she'll stop seeing Mike. It sounds like you're both way too immature, and Mike is taking advantage of this. Good for him.

4. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

I'm going to disagree here. This guy sees a problem that he isn't creating and wants to solve it. Mike is making a problem to get his dick wet. They may be immature, but the only one being immature in this situation is Mike.

Tell him to knock it off. Tell her to knock it off. If they don't, then drop them both.

5. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

What a dickhead.

On that note, I think you're wasting your time with a girl who's enamored with a guy like him. Go find someone worth a damn.

6. sapient

sapient New Member

Well, honestly I don't think she's enamored with him just yet. I think she's enamored by the novelty of being able to get into bars, but that involves drinking with scumbag, and all the while he's smooth talking her. I honestly do think she's worth a damn, he's just a snake.

7. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

Its natural to side with the person you like more, but make no mistake, there is blame on her part. Is someone that lets the prospect of getting drunk detour them away from the feelings of another REALLY deserving of your support?

She is putting you aside. Tell her what you want her to do. IF she is worth a damn, then your problems will go away.

8. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Tell her that he has herpes.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

have you had sex with the girl you are seeing now?

did you have sex with the first girl?

10. Ky1e

Ky1e New Member

:rofl:

11. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Mike sounds narcissistic. In fact if you looked at all the guys you've ever known that were good at getting chicks into bed with them you would say they have a narcissistic personality. I think a lot more black men are narcissistic than white men just due to how they are raised.

Regardless of skin color though, narcissistic personalities are attractive to women. I've known many guys that are narcissistic and while other men that they associated with learned and understood that they are narcissistic, the women that they associated with had no clue. I think women are more oblivious to narcissistic men because they are more trusting than other men are initially.

Mike's out to use her for sex, and she is oblivious to it. To her she is just having a good time and he is fun to hangout with. There is nothing you can do to change this. You can't warn her because it will make you look jealous and wussy like because you are worried about her being hurt.

You can't be angry at women because they find narcissistic men attractive. Attraction isn't a choice.

You need to learn to develop "good narcissistic" traits. This will ultimately make you look more attractive in the eyes of women.

Don't get disappointed about this girl. She's falling for a guy that is just going to use her, there is nothing you can do to change this outside of becoming more attractive to her than Mike is. Unfortuanately it is difficult to beat a narcissist at their own game.

Move on, find a new girl that doesn't know Mike, and keep Mike out of your life as much as possible.

12. kiri

kiri New Member

you may just have to trust her not to make any bad decisions :dunno: it's not like he dragged her out to the bar by her hair.

if she really likes you then she won't let this guy take advantage of her and get her wasted. maybe it's time to have a talk with her about how serious you want it to be?

13. AutoEuphoria

AutoEuphoria New Member

If the girl is going out with other guys and getting drunk with them, you don't want her in your life and/or she doesn't want you in her life badly enough to stay committed to you.

That being said, it sucks that you seem to have someone there who is committed to sleeping with other people's SO's or soon-to-be SO's. That's shitty...I had to deal with that for a while, too :(

14. Chuck

Chuck New Member

/thread

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Umm, what does him being black have anything to do with this? Racist much? :hsugh:

Cool, stereotypes :bigthumb:

Stop dating grls from work :hsugh:

Sounds lke a real catch you got there...Mike is an asshole, no doubt about it, but why be mad at him? We all told you word would get around the restaurant and start drama. You are the one trying to get serious with a 20 year old waitress that you work with who is more interested in getting into bars :rolleyes:

You are really an idiot if "beating the shit out of this guy" is even an idea in your head. It's not him, it's the low quality and low interested women you are dating FROM WORK.

Talk to the girl, genius.

16. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I don't get why you have any more 'claim' to this girl then Mike does. He's trying to get laid like the rest of us. You have some competition, step up, and escalate whatever limited relationship you have with her before he does if you insist on going after this girl.

Beating the shit out of him just shows that you have nothing going for you other then the ability to beat the shit out of people... try going for the girl instead of taking him out of the picture.

17. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Or go out to the bar with both of them and see who she's interested in.

18. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

^FTW

Its time to step or shut the fuck up!

you have had it happen before and that means you can bend over and take it again or you can not be a fag about all this and use your head...

19. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

Don't you guys understand this is one of his co workers and he knows that he is seeing this girl, yet he is trying to fuck her anyways. How is that acceptable and why does that not deserve to get his ass kicked. If I had a coworker or friend do that to me I would fuck them up bad.

20. sapient

sapient New Member

Didn't have sex with first girl, did have sex with the current girl. We were both pretty drunk at the time however, and while she didn't regret it, she said she was saving sex for a little further into us dating, as she didn't want to come off easy.

I'm not racist, believe me. That sentence originally read "token black guy" instead of "asshole black guy" just so you'd get an idea of how he acts. I ninja edited the "token" out when I realized I called him a bunch of bad things, and didn't want that associated with black guys in general, but forgot to take the "black" out. My bad. He does, however, act like a stock character, plus all these additional negative qualities, and that's what I'm getting at. No decernable unique personality.

I did decide I'd stop, but this girl is really cool outside of this dillema, and up until now seemed very very into me. If this goes south, I'll finally take your advice beer, I do respect your opinion greatly, as I've seen you consistently give out great advice in this forum.

I know, I know. There's absolutely no drama besides Mike, who seems to take pleasure in going for the same girls as I do.

I am not actually entertaining the notion of hurting anyone. I'm not a violent person, nor am I an aggressive person. I chose my words poorly when writing the original post, that is all. I will talk to her, what should I say? Someone above put it well that if I'm not careful I'll come off as weak and jealous, something I'd rather stay clear of.

You're right, I don't have a claim to her. However, she seems into me, and seems to view Mike as a friend, but I know he will exploit this position of trust to get her as drunk as possible and try to take advantage of her. The guy has a reputation, this isn't just my assumption. He was fired from the restaraunt across the street for similar creepy behavior.

I will step up my game however.

I did. She talked to me exclusively the entire time. Although Mike was sitting on the other side of her, she said maybe ten words to him all night.

Tough love is often the best. Thank you man, I will step up.

21. sapient

sapient New Member

This is exactly my problem with the situation. He knows I've been on several dates with her, and that she's into me, and only after discovering this did he start going after her and trying to get her drunk all the time. It's as if he's more interested in ruining my shit that he is in her. I've never done anything remotely wrong to him, in fact I stuck up for him for a while when everyone realized he was a dick and started talking about him behind his back.

22. iwishyouwerebeer

Because what would them fighting do? He'll never stop doing what he's doing. The girl is interested in him too.

He can either act in a mature fashion and work this out with words with HER or move on to another woman who won't cherish all the attention she's getting from the older guy who gets her into bars/clubs :rolleyes: He could possibly talk to this Mike guy but I doubt even that would change a thing. This is between him and the girl.

23. sapient

sapient New Member

I agree with you beer, but am uncertain how to voice my concerns without coming off as jealous.

24. iwishyouwerebeer

You bring it up without even bringing him up.

I mean what does she say to you about you two? Are you two just casually dating? Has she ever mentioned how she feels? Talked about Mike? I'm just a little lost as to what your relationship has really been since it sounds like she very easily has started showing her intentions with Mike by going out with him as well.

25. sapient

sapient New Member

This could be my problem. I haven't vocalized anything whatsoever about what we are. Perhaps she thinks I'm just trying to get in her pants too? I'm going to make this a priority to have the "what are we?" discussion with her. Pointers?