The search for a new screen (12" ibook G4) *Pics

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sebeck, Jun 28, 2006.

1. sebeck

sebeck New Member

What a pain this is. I thought all of the screens would be the same... but they are not! I found some screens on ebay but they state that you should check your part # before ordering as returns are not acceptable.

Well i took mine apart and i have an LG Philips unit in mine. I found an awesome website. http://www.screentekinc.com/ They even do high gloss upgrades sort of like what the new macbook/MbP's come with. Unfortunately they do not have my part number in stock and they recommended eBay. lolz. They do however have awesome instructions for removing your screen. I did it in about 5 minutes.

I've left messages with 2 other companies and successfully found my part number on ebay. It looks like i'll be paying anywhere from $95-$300 depending on where i get the screen and if it is new or used.

Part of me says forget it and just buy a new MacBook or MacBook pro but i've had this laptop for 2 years and taken it all over the world. I'd kind of like to get it going again. On the bright side (no pun intended) at least i can do the apple logo mod now. Red apple with green leaf or blue apple or whatever. :)

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with this and i'll post updates if i get a new screen. Here is a pic of how she sits now, awaiting her new screen.

[​IMG]

Owned.

Copy Paste vBB code
    [​IMG]

2. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

whats up with the apple logo mod? i like the white apple light

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

link to said mod?

4. t0tz

t0tz New Member

what apple logo mod? please share.

5. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

Where the apple logo is located on the back of the lcd cover, well it just shines the light from the lcd on it, hence why it lights up i the dark..ppl make it colorful.. you know, but a red film in between or something, or blue, so it lights up blue, or red, or whatever..:)

6. Turkey_Sub

Turkey_Sub New Member

my friend bought her ibook with a blue apple mod, It looks stupid as hell. But a red apple with green stem might look hot, or even the old school 'rainbow' apple might look pretty hot.

7. sebeck

sebeck New Member

8. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

Hey man I have a g4 ibook that's about 6 months old, I was trying to mod it and fucked up the logic board :mad:

but the screen is perfect

9. sebeck

sebeck New Member

Thanks for the offer...but i bought one on ebay about 2 days ago. You should take it out of the bezel and ebay it. Make sure you include pictures of the part number. Also list the part number in the title of the auction. Not all iBooks use the exact same screen. I found 1 then waited to snipe it and someone used "buy it now" for $199! The next day there was another one for $145 so i used buy it now.

10. sebeck

sebeck New Member

UPDATE!!

The screen came in today from this auction. I put it all together and did the apple logo mod. I couldn't be happier. The screen was perfect.

[​IMG]

11. Turkey_Sub

Turkey_Sub New Member

mod pics?

12. sebeck

sebeck New Member

Link in quote above your reply. ;)

13. skelm

skelm New Member

Link for the wallpaper please :x: