The rollercoaster or yo-yo effect

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ND379, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ND379

ND379 New Member

How many people on here experience this? It seems like I'll do really well for a week, then bad, then good for a month, then bad again. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster. What causes this? Why can't I just fucking stick to something. :mad: I'm such a weak pussy :wtc:

/rant

So who else does this? Have you found anything to help you?

2. ND379

ND379 New Member

Thanks for the fast response. I think I do eat alot of carbs..I'm not on the atkins or psmf or anything like that. Basically my diet consists of eating healthy foods that will give me alot of protein and not alot of cals. I try to eat a protein and clean carb at every meal.
    I also give myself a free day every week. It just seems that that free day turns into free weeks sometimes :hs: Maybe I should cut the free days out?

3. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

I usually start off a contest diet with the yo yo pattern

4. jonno

jonno New Member

you compete? ;)

5. ~*Pogovina*~

~*Pogovina*~ Whip it! Whip it good!!

i have a natural fluxuation of a few pounds but no real yo-yo effect. I allow myself to cheat and make sure to take breaks from intense workout routines.

6. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

I normally whether I am bulking or cutting give myself 2 meals/week that I can do whatever I want. Find it helps keep me sane and also I end up not craving foods that I normally would. Last night I was good all week so I rewarded myself with a fried fish dinner with the parents. Won't have another meal like that all week just because I am not craving anything.

When I start craving a food I set a date 3-4 days away and say if I am good I earned it and eat it. Normally by the time it rolls around I have found interest in something else shiny and forgot all about it.

7. Paul'86

Paul'86 New Member

You know something, I searched up on threads posted by you (ibstalker :noes: ) and you said something similiar to "You need to learn that you CAN eat junk--the odd snickers every few days won't kill you--but NEVER over indulge." I'm not a great lover of snickers, but from when I read that two days ago, I've been CRAVING them...

Way to undermine me, bro. :fawk: :o

At one point, I was a habitual junk eater--I would eat without really thinking about... suddenly, when I started eating healthily last Saturday I cut out all crap and I'm not suffering, I'm loving my healthy, balanced diet. Not sure why I decided to post this but, oh well!

8. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I'm cutting/dieting right now and I eat plenty of carbs along with my daily protein intake and feel fine. I just eat cleanly and watch the calories. Cardio helps too.

9. ND379

ND379 New Member

so i went there and they sure do like their sesathin dont they :rofl:

that program sounds kinda tough. i always thought nutrition was so simple..then the more and more i read the more i get bogged down. why cant it just be as simple as keeping your cals low with a high protein intake? instead there is cycling and atkins and ketogenisis and all carb diets and you have to have fish oil and whey protein and some people say do cardio some say dont do cardio and some say HIIT is like gawd and some say it's a joke. i'm so confused by all of this. :rant:

:hs:

I just want to lose fat. :wtc: Hell, right now I'd settle for just weight. I'd just like to step on the scale and it actually be a different number than i've seen the last 5 months.
    In the end i end up starving myself because i'm not sure what to eat and i dont want to eat bad and im so sick of being fat so i get by only getting about 1200-1400 cals a day and i'm still not loosing weight.

Cliffs: I hate beautiful people :squint:

10. etech

etech New Member

grandgirl, it can be simple. Find a method that works for you and stick with it. There are many different people and therefore there are many different methods. There are also a lot of hucksters out there trying to sell their method.

The basics though are simple.
    Less calories in than what you use in a day but eat enough to keep your metabolism going, don't starve yourself.

Weight lifting will help you lose weight, cardio is good for you. Do both.

The fat loss sticky is good reading, read it and than read it again and then if you have any specific questions, someone will be able to help you.

Good luck, you can do it.

11. ND379

ND379 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.