MMA the rippers mma predictions ver humungus

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Sep 25, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

It seems there are a lot of matches coming up now that are good and Im dieing to see. The rest of the year is gonna be great for us as MMA fans. Here are some of the fights that Im currently interested in and my predictions. From Elite XC, UFC and Dream.

Shamrock vs Kimbo
    Kimbo has been catching alot of heat lately because of his fight with Thompson. The fight was ended prematurely but Kimbo did show that he has been improving his game. He had some decent wrestling and take down defense goingf for awhile. He was using his guard effectively and even managed to pull off a sweep. His striking also looks cleaner and crisper every time he comes out to fight.

He has shown that he understands his weaknesses and is working hard to get better and become a well rounded fighter. Shamrock on the other hand has shown that his chin hasnt been able to hold up in his last few fights. Kimbo just needs to land one heavy shot and Shamrock will buckle from it. Its no secret that Ken is well passed his prime and he doesnt have the explosiveness that he used to.

I beleive that with Bas Rutten by his side, Kimbo has been making the right choices in terms of preperations for his fights. Its clear that Kimbo needed to work on his take down defense after watching the Thompson fight and who ever thinks he hasnt after that show is a fool. He will come to this fight with better take down defense and heavy hands. He will have all the tools needed to take out Shamrock.

Bisping vs Leben
    I see bisping using his boxing to set up combinations and taking this fight to the ground. He is going to be tooling leben for the majority of the fight and out working him. Leben is going to be getting destroyed and then out of no where leben his going to hit him with some bomb and ko him ala terry martin.

Anderson Silva vs Patrick Cote
    To say Patrick Cote has had bad luck in the UFC is an understatement. The guy always manages to have these great oppertunities presented to him but can never capitalize on them. It must be frustrating to be some one that is far better then the average MMA fighter but falls short when he comes to the UFC and can never find that extra streghnth he needs to be competitive.

Now he has another great oppertunity presented to him with a fight against Anderson Silva. Most people say that Cote is going to get knocked out in the first round. I dissagree. I beleive Cote has found what he needs to push him over the limit and allow him to get the UFC Middle Weight title.

Cote has knock out power, we have seen with guys like Leben that no matter how bad it gets if they can wheather the storm that KO power will give them at the very least a punchers chance. Anderson is a long range fighter and he doesnt like to be crowded. He likes having his space to work. If you watch his fights when another fighter gets to close he wont exchange in an infight. He will pick and angle and use a punch or kick to create distance. If they get to close he will clinch as fast as he can and drop knees. (Rich Franklin)

Anderson is a very technical fighter and he likes to fight at mid to long range because of his lanky arms and legs. The best way to fight a counter puncher is to smother them. Inside fighters can do this by working their hooks and uppercuts and keeping a tight guard to cover and block. I beleive that this is the best way to beat anderson silva. This is the strategy that cote will use and if he does he will get torn to shreds by anderson silva.

Theres hope for him though he has the punchers chance. I say 9/10 times Anderson Silva would destroy cote but I have a funny feeling that there is an upset coming and Cote is the one thats going to make it happen. We have seen weirder shit, ie. Serra vs GSP. I think Patrick Cote is going to be able to sneak in one big bomb and thats the one that will turn the tide of the fight.

Thiago Alves vs Diego Sanchez
    Diego Sanchez has just come off back to back losses two of the best guys in the WW division (Fitch and Kos). He managed to rebound from those losses in his last fight with an impressive victory. A lot of people think he is back and is ready to challenge for the WW title. I am not one of them.

Diego Sanchez was out struck by Josh Koscheck. Kos has been working on his boxing skills alot at AKA and has improved a lot since TUF but he is by no means on the same level as Thiago Alves when it comes to striking. Thiago will out strike Diego any day of the week and has the KO power to end the fight in an instant. Thiago has an aggresive in your face Muay Thai style and if Sanchez tries to fight the way he did in his last fight, he will get knocked out in the first round.

His only hope is to be able to either submit thiago or win by decision. That seems a little hopeless when your staring down a guy who took out Matt Hughes and trains with one of the best , if not the best Grapplers in the world at ATT. Thiago has amazing sub defense and take down defense. He sees the best grapplers in the world on a daily basis and knows how to handle them. Liborios Golden boy isnt going to be suprised by anything Diego Sanchez has to offer. Thiago takes this by knock out.

Hermes Franca vs Marcos Aurilio
    Both of these guys styles and careers seem to mirror each other. Both of these guys are amazing grapplers and have had their share of success. Aurilio in Pride and Franca in the UFC right before his loss to sherk but it seems both of these guys have fallen from grace recently.

Aurilio has just recently lost a fight to Tyson Griffin and Hermes just suffered his first loss after a long hiatus because of a steroid suspension. Now both of these guys are facing off against each other to see who still has a place in the UFC. Both of these guys careers mirror each other so closely that they both need this win to save their careers in the UFC.

This match is actually going to be a lot harder to call. No doubt it will turn into a grappeling clinic with both guys hunting for the finisher. I beleive in the end though Hermes will come out on top. Hermes has some unorthodox striking that throws every one off. I beleive that that, combined with his good positional control will allow him to win.

Randy Couture vs Brock Lesnar
    Brock Lesnar has phenomenal wrestling and has proved that he has the skills and conditioning needed to fight top level mma competitors. He has recently beat heath hearing who is a veteran and no slouch himself. Many people believe that Brock will be able to use his superior streghnth combined with his wrestling to over power and defeat Randy Couture.

Im not one of them. I beleive experience is going to play a big factor in this fight. Randy develops some of the best game plans in mma today. He has world class greco skills and has developed an equally effective striking game. I beleive Randy will be able to use his greco skills and exp to keep the fight on his feet. From there he will be able to use his dirty boxing to wear down and knock out Lesnar.

He has a lot more boxing experience and will be able to out strike Brock. I beleive that brock is going to go out there and attempt to take down Coture but Randy will be able to stop the attempts. I beleive that Randys experience, world class wrestling and superior boxing will be able to exploit brocks lack of experience.

2. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

The Humungus you are not

but cool and thanks for the piece, brought up some good points I hadn't thought of

3. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

4. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

Lesnar can pick up guys his own weight and slam them with ease there is no way randy can stuff his take down. I believe Franklin is a better striker than cote and well you know.

5. Drummer161616

Drummer161616 New Member

Spell Check FTL

6. TigreTek

they were replaying slamcock's last fight on tuesday. he went down on a punch that didn't connect just like the franklin fight. kimbo won't need to walk to his corner for round two. kimbo by odd slip/tko

i see bisping/leben the same way. i'm waiting for someone to expose bisping as a well rounded but mediocre fighter and I hope leben's the man to do it.

sanchez/alves. while diego's piss poor performance against koscheck is at least partly the result of a gross staff infection AND alves is suffering from carano syndrome i think alves still takes it.

franca/aurelio - meh

lesnar/couture - if randy keeps it on the feet and manages to shove brock up against the cage i think he can take it. anything else is the fact that brock and tim sylvia are simply candidates for creating a super heavyweight class. brock is skilled, but he's still a fucking goon enjoying an at least 40lb weight advantage on his opponents.

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

cool breakdown of fights from 4 random events Hansel

8. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Bisping is the Tyson Griffin of the 185 division. Hes pretty well rounded and has decent skills to get him through where ever the fight goes but doesn't have one dominant skill that makes him stand out.

9. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

I disagree on ALL of them except for Kimbo

:rofl:

10. ilduce

ilduce New Member

lol at calling fights that are more than a month away.

11. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Given your predictions lately, Im gonna chuck some coin on The Rippers picks.

12. Music Nazi

Music Nazi Guest

I'm not trying to defend Brock or anything, but it's more like 10-15 lbs or so...not 40( he was 15lbs heavier than Herring and 10lbs heavier than Mir). The dude is just a speed/agility/cardio/strength freak. It's not a rare occurance that guys fight with a 10-15lb weight difference in the heavyweight division.

13. Nick McCardle

Nick McCardle New Member

Kimbo had decent wrestling against Thompson? What fight was I watching?

14. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

:ugh:
    AA 240
    Randy 220
    gonzaga 240
    kongo 240
    nog 240
    mir 240
    werdum 230
    And this is there weight Lesnar cuts down to 265 they say he usually 280. So ya it is 30-60 pounds. Herring was 248 or something and lesnar was 280 son.

15. TigreTek

que? brock's cutting 10-15 pounds to hit 265. (he said this in an interview somewhere) herring is listed at 250 per ufc.com mir is listed at 240.

16. Music Nazi

Music Nazi Guest

At the official weigh ins, Mir was at 255. Herring was at 250. Brock at 265. I don't care what the argument, you make weight, you make weight.

17. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Yeah...at the weigh-ins. Obviously Frank or Heath didn't cut weight, they didn't need to. Brock did, and come fight time he was probably walking around close to 280lbs. Do you think GSP is always 170 too?

18. Kuet

Kuet New Member

:rofl: WTF?!!

19. Kuet

Kuet New Member

hello. the cage welcomes you. He weighed in @ 265 for the fight, he has to cut. mir & herring weigh that much. Dont argue, just shut up. K thanks.

20. Kuet

Kuet New Member

im really excited about the bisping/leben fight. I always liked leben, now it seems after him calming down a bit more people are starting to like him too.
    I never liked bisping, and i really think he is very overrated. Although they are not 2 huge names, or by any means 2 of the best fighters in their weight class, i do believe this fight has the potential to be very entertaining.

21. Music Nazi

Music Nazi Guest

Duh. As I said, If you make weight, you make weight. It's not uncommon for Heavyweights to fight with a 10, 15, even 20lb weight difference between the two fighters.

22. TigreTek

what part of lesnar at 280 and mir at 240 are you missing?

23. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

did you just seriously pick cote over silva? :rofl:

24. Sylva

Sylva New Member

25. jag6984

jag6984 New Member

Didn't realize they stopped teaching math in Texas along with science...