SRS The rehab I went to is being destroyed because of insurance companies

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by anomaly, Aug 9, 2007.

1. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

I went to a county run program 5 years ago. It was a 6 month inpatient rehab. It wasn't nice, it wasn't easy, they didn't give a damn about how shitty withdrawl felt or that I was throwing up (I was monitored some because of the benzos i had been taking previously), and it was exactly what I needed. The program had a 5-10% success rate for long term sobriety, which is well above the national average. The program has gone soft over the years, no more 1 month cop groups where you aren't allowed to speak for 3 weeks and sit and write for 10 hours a day about your past etc. And now the two directors, and the counselor with the longest time there (18 years) are all being forced out as they do not have masters degrees and insurance will pay less for their services than someone who graduated grad school yesterday. It is a shame. They have stopped going to 5 AA/NA meetings a week, fellowship is not nearly as important in the program, the long and short the kids are getting fucked. It's a shame to watch. People have asked the county to change it's decision but it will not.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Yeah that's really too bad. Ya know...I really wish we could take profits out of the equation when we're talking about medical issues. I know lots of people would abuse the system but it's really too bad when bean counters actually make the decisions as to whether or not someone is "fit" to return home.....and I'm a former bean counter myself. :)