A&P The problem with photo supply stores in NY, they are run by jews...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MAD PUNK inDC, Apr 23, 2008.

1. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

and why is that a problem? Because they have allot of holidays that close their stores. I didn't think about this when I ordered from Adorama this week, and I was really hoping to have the 70-200 L in by the weekend for the race this week. :wtc:

2. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Planning ahead FTW?

It's not like B&H doesn't spam you with a fucking window warning you of upcoming holidays.

3. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

yep, sitting on my order of the Canon HV30 from B&H, won't ship till next monday, which is fine, just need it before my roadtrip which i leave for on may 10th

4. Gerbonium

Gerbonium OT Supporter

just out of curiousity, anyone know why there are so many camera stores in ny and why so many of them are run by jews?

5. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

jew don't know?

6. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

There are a lot of Jews in NY? Figures that some of them would own camera shops.

7. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

lots of eastern european jews settled in NYC, and everybody knows that jews are like the japanese tourists of of eastern europe. :dunno:

anyway they were really cool about it when I called. I didn't even complain, I just wanted to know when it would ship, and the guy answering the phone was like "eh, we'll ship it express on monday, and hey we'll throw in a 2 year warranty on the lens" Thats :coold:

8. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

Adorama sold me a used lens they didn't have in stock :(. They gave me a new one for 10 bucks more :o.

9. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

they shipped my video camera monday, and it's on the truck to be delivered today

10. Hyperite

Hyperite Vagina Junction OT Supporter

I ordered a lens from buydig that they said was in stock, checked the status a few days later and it was sold out, so I called to make sure I got one. They said yes! :bigthumb: Then two days later I got a backorder notice :squint: So I canceled the whole order (cuz i was pissed), and bought it cheaper as D stock from Adorama. Feelin' good, then I check the status and it says backordered. But they don't have backordering on used lenses, so I called 'em up. They said my order would be canceled since that lens was already sold to someone else. An hour later, I got a ship notice. :rofl:

11. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I was to say the least mildly aggravated. Ups ground is overnight from there for me. So the wait seemed like forever almost 2 weeks.