the problem with detailing white cars

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Accords 4U2 NV, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Accords 4U2 NV

Accords 4U2 NV OT's Resident Desi

is that you will never see them shine :rant2:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sprung

Sprung Guest

Thats true, not during the day anyway. However at night in the street light it sure does.

3. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

i dont think ill ever buy a white car

4. legendary91l

legendary91l DP Ownz Yoo!

I help work at a detail shop and my biggest pet peeve ever with white cars...

Try washing a white car that hasnt ever been waxed or washed in a couple months. Those black dirt stains all up in the paint, holy cow. I simple green that bitch and it still dont come out the same. I guess you just dont notice it as much on colored cars, but man, I work hours to get all the black stains out of white paint.

5. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

just use a claybar man

6. legendary91l

legendary91l DP Ownz Yoo!

that takes every longer :rofl: Thats not what the customer was paying for anyway.

7. Accords 4U2 NV

Accords 4U2 NV OT's Resident Desi

:werd: i had that shit on my car after the hurricane, i just clay barred the mother fucker.

8. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You've got to be kidding me. You use Simple Green on the paint? :wtf:

9. Bubbles

Bubbles OT Supporter

whites a cold color

more prone to rust

10. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

What do you mean "cold color?"

11. Bubbles

Bubbles OT Supporter

dark colors are always warm

white and light grey refect light.

the cars keep moisture on them longer

12. Bubbles

Bubbles OT Supporter

I bet you will find more rusty cars then any other color

13. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Honestly, I think you're full of shit. If you take care of your car, regardless of what color it is, you shouldn't have any unusual problems with rust.

14. Bubbles

Bubbles OT Supporter

I would of expected a better answer then that from you.

some of us live in a colder climate...like the atlantic coast, where they put salt on the road in the winter. I use to paint cars and anytime anyone coming in asking for white we would try to talk em out of it. You really got to look after it more, I bet you will take notice of it from now on.

15. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

They put salt on the roads here, TONS of it. But I've never heard of that. If you're right, I apologize. It just doesn't sound right to me. Sorry to be a dick, really. I was kinda pissed off about other stuff when I wrote that. :kiss:

16. cleethree

cleethree Guest

and its heat that makes rust. you see exhausts and mufflers rusting but never an intake manifold...

17. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I guess the gutter on my house must be hot as fuck! :rolleyes: The reason mufflers rust is from the moisture that accumulates in there.

18. the1eddins

the1eddins Guest

the last time i checked, most intake manifolds today are made out of aluminum, and even then they do oxidize. next time you get done driving, open your hood and feel your intake manifold, and then go feel the rustiest spot on your exhaust. you should find after you burn yourself on it, that the rustiest spot on your exhaust will be just as hot if not cooler than your intake manifold. take a car in the junkyard for example. those things generally rust a hell of a lot faster, no matter what the color, than the same person that washes their car once a week. but, those cars dont get hot at all, but their undersides(completely protected from the sun/heat/WATER etc.) rust out out anyways... in most areas, its the moisture content in the air that causes bad rust. rain,salt and heat all help speed the reaction up.

and even worse, you fail to realize that white hides scratches a hell of alot better than black or red. and red will tend to oxidize a whole lot faster than white will any day.

19. TSK70

TSK70 Guest

When it comes to the 'blooming' of embedded contaminants, it happens equally fast on all cars....but is a hell of a lot more visible on white and yellow paint. It's almost like you gotta clay the damn car every few months to keep it perfectly free of embedded contaminants because even the smallest amount will be fully visible. This doesn't mean the same thing isn't happening (albeit tougher to detect) with other colors though.

But on the other hand, with the exception of the embedded contaminants blooming, white is one of the easiest colors to maintain. I own a black and a white car..... there really is no question as to which car is easier to detail and maintain in showroom condition.

20. a red heart

a red heart Guest

rust is a complicated thing. the reason intake manifolds do not rust is because they are more heavily coated and the material is less likely to rust.