The Pretender...who remember?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by somenoise, Feb 15, 2006.

1. somenoise

somenoise New Member

Does anybody remember this serie??

It used to be my favorite tv serie.

It's the story of Jarod, a boy-genius taken from his family as a child. Jarod possesses the ability to quickly learn and impersonate different jobs and occupations. Now, as an adult, Jarod

sets out to find his family. Along the way, he befriends many people, righting any wrong by using his abilities to become anyone he wants to be.

Very nice :) And the 3rd Season came out on dvd yesterday.

Any comments?

2. joy division

joy division New Member

holy fuck i remember htat, it was on saturday nights or something. It was ok :)

3. SnakeEyes666

SnakeEyes666 New Member

Loved this show. Watched it faithfully from day 1. It was a great concept and the cast was excellent. It really pissed me off when they cancelled the show without tying up all the loose ends and leaving all the major questions about his past unanswered. I remember the final aired season ending with such a huge cliffhanger, which we'll never know the result of.

4. Murph27

Murph27 New Member

yeah when it first got cancelled I heard that they were going to tie everything up in a movie they were making but then nothing ever came of it. It might have just been a rumor but it sounded like a damn good idea to me so I believed it.

5. SnakeEyes666

SnakeEyes666 New Member

I really wish they would tie it all together in a movie because that would provide some closure to the show.

6. Bella

Bella New Member

I loved that show, I was watching previews to final destination 3 (ugh) and I thinking ohhh little Jared!

7. Murph27

Murph27 New Member

he's in that? I try not to pay attention to those previews because I actually like the firt one and the sequel kind of ruined itfor me so the third is just gonna really fuck it up.

8. SnakeEyes666

SnakeEyes666 New Member

Hey that's right! I had forgotten that the actor playing the main character in the upcoming FD3 also played the young Jared in Pretender. Good call Bella!

9. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

loved it at first but then it seemed to sort of become dull for me,,,,,sort of reminded me of quantum leap, just got old,,,plus the chick had a SMOKING hot body but her face was a fugging train wreck

10. SnakeEyes666

SnakeEyes666 New Member

Ms. Parker was friggen HAWT and the actress Andrea Parker still is. She was recently part of the sitcom "Less Than Perfect" and she still looks great!

11. Bella

Bella New Member

My dad loved Ms. Parker and I hated her but liked her when she was fallin for Mike Delfino, ( cant remember his real name but he's on Desperate Housewives) I liked her so much more

12. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I watched that show all the time. It had alot of logical flaws, but it most tv shows do. It made for great entertainment though, I dont think I missed an episode for the first few seasons.

13. Murph27

Murph27 New Member

Once I found that show I watched it religiously, I think it took me 3 or 4 weeks to find it though.