A&P The pictures I'm taking to the gallery!!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ingen, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Ingen

Ingen New Member

Alright, I've done some chatting about this gallery nonsense, and tell me what you think?

Check em out, matted them all today.
    This one you might not have seen before... AT ALLLLLLL! ****er costed 9.99 to get printed from slide. Oh well, I love it anyway :)
    [​IMG]

Here's the leaf one I've already posted, this was the second 8x10 print of it, too. Oddness.
    [​IMG]
    Sexeh, no?
    Anyhoo, last but not least is the reeds. I really like how this turned out in the mat because it has a kind of oriental/japanese feel to it.
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, the two stories of these pics. The last print got fucked up last night (they're going to a gallery tomorrow, so I really don't have any time to spare here) so I put it on a disk with a letter in the cd case and had my mom take it over to get printed. It arrived at school at about 10:45, I matted it that afternoon, and had to redo one of my mats. I did 3 pics today, from start to finish, in less than two hours.
    STORY TIME AGAIN!!!! I really love matting prints in the photo 1 room. Why? Because I get to talk to everyone who loves my prints :) its' amazing when you almost can't get any work done because you have to say "thanks" too damned often. Same thing happened in my p2 class when I did the leaf one :) I love having fans, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. So... Enjoy!

2. mojito

mojito New Member

Congrats, have fun with it, now:

For galleries, print on Matte finish to avoid glare and reflections like in your photo. No one will look if that have to move around to see it.

I'd look up "optically centerig" prints.

Sign the prints, in silver with a gel marker. Go to other galleries or search to see how others do it, you don't want it obtrusive but you want to own it too

3. Nick

Nick Guest

They look great! Are those geese in the first pic?

4. Ingen

Ingen New Member

They indeed are geese. Shot it on a slide at last years competition (which I will be attending for the second time this year. Hoorah for returning competitors :big grin:) I was thinking about the signing thing... I don't want it to show on the print itself :( I was considering signing the back through? Or maybe really tiny in the margins? I'm almost hellbent on a "do not scan" order on the back so shops won't reprint it themselves. If someone wants to go to the trouble sharpie gives when scanned through a print and fix it, they can just have it :p

5. vizual

vizual → 190½ ЯBI ←

I like the prints and congrats. But I agree with viper, you need to place the picture a tad higher in the mats because if you place it in the exact center it will tend to look like its actually favoring the bottom half. The mat on the second one looks a bit too big to me :dunno:

6. Ingen

Ingen New Member

I agree with the second mat being way too big. But I can't afford custom framing and the 11x14 was useless in the face of my print's power :p